Dashboards & Reporting

SanketM
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Does anyone know how to create a Dashboard/Report for Deal movement by stages. Our deals don't necessarily move in all stages and they skip stages in between. I would like to analyse the monthly movement of the deals/Conversion ratios and Win %. Unable to do so as of now.

1 Accepted solution
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

This is really a hard one and something we had trouble with. One item I recommend in these cases is a bit more manual in terms of the final results, but lets you get a deeper dive at least in terms of timing. 

-Create date fields for every single critical stage you want to track

-Leverage a workflow to place a date for the first time a deal moves to that stage.

This allows you to export out a lot of data to dig down into. Otherwise, you have to create conversion charts for every single potential movement cycle and it's just too massive to really be able to dig down into. It also lets you really see how many deals did we have reach X this month.

The other thing we do is just a weekly report which shows deal movement. This one doesn't show conversions and can be proven to mistakes if someone moves things incorrectly back and forth all the time. This allows us to generally look and say hey this week we had 5 deals hit Initial demo/Proposal sent/etc. Doesn't get into conversions but least gives some general idea into quantities. Do you want me to send some info on this report to see if it would be helpful?

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
HGraham
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi all - what was the outcome here? Is there a report to show on HubSpot or it is a manual process as per  Justin's post? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
GTitlow
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi - i have started following this thread as I am trying to acheive the same thing. A simple report to show when deals have moved between stages (or when they entered the stage). Nothing too fancy! Did anyone have success with this? 
@JustinPerkinsC and @SanketM very grateful if you are able to share any further information on this thread. thanks in advance for your help!

JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

This is really a hard one and something we had trouble with. One item I recommend in these cases is a bit more manual in terms of the final results, but lets you get a deeper dive at least in terms of timing. 

-Create date fields for every single critical stage you want to track

-Leverage a workflow to place a date for the first time a deal moves to that stage.

This allows you to export out a lot of data to dig down into. Otherwise, you have to create conversion charts for every single potential movement cycle and it's just too massive to really be able to dig down into. It also lets you really see how many deals did we have reach X this month.

The other thing we do is just a weekly report which shows deal movement. This one doesn't show conversions and can be proven to mistakes if someone moves things incorrectly back and forth all the time. This allows us to generally look and say hey this week we had 5 deals hit Initial demo/Proposal sent/etc. Doesn't get into conversions but least gives some general idea into quantities. Do you want me to send some info on this report to see if it would be helpful?

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
Mariamora14
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hello Justin, 

I am seeking to create this report. Would love to see the one you created. Can you email it to me as well maria@brightbull.co.uk

0 Upvotes
arthurmanukyan

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hey Justin, 

Can you please send the reports to arthur@tcf.team as well? 

0 Upvotes
MKetcham

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Would love to see an example, we are really struggling with jumped stages, no dates and the reporting breaks, can you share that with me mark@vector.ai ?

0 Upvotes
bdunford
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Justin, can you send me how you guys are doing this?  bdunford@ruralphysiciansgroup.com

My biggest challenge currently is that HubSpot sales pipeline reports (velocity, conversion, etc) only work if the pipeline stages are started from the beginning stage, progress perfectly sequentially, and stages can't be skipped.  HubSpot doesn't have any way to correct or update pipeline stage errors, nor is there a way to require a sequence to be followed.  The result is hundreds of deals with no way to report on them accurately and no apparent plans to enable this.  Help!

0 Upvotes
MRoulston

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi @JustinPerkinsC , I'd be very interested in seeing how you generate the weekly report to show deal movement. That's definitely one thing I'm trying to do but have been hitting my head against a wall!

Cheers,

Mark

0 Upvotes
AGurtner
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hey ! 
Thank you for your inputs. Would you be able to send it over as well?
Many thanks

0 Upvotes
JFuentes
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hello Justin, i would be interested in this report. Please, can you send me that info to jfuentes@coalza.com

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

0 Upvotes
MKardon
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi Justin,

Can I get some more info about this report? mkardon@cargotransinc.com

Thanks,

EChapman6
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

HI Justin,  I just joined this thread on Deal Stage moevement tracking.  Could you send me information on the report you created, I would like to unserstand how it works.  Thanks,  Ed

SanketM
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Thanks Justin. That's precisely what i am trying to do but its a very tedious process. 

Anyways would love to get some more info on this from you. Can you please send me to sanket@sensehawk.com?

Best

Sanket

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Sounds good I am shooting you a note now. Good luck with this one!

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
JHou

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi Justin,

Hope your year has gotten off to a fantastic start.

We are currently facing the same problem and I was wondering if I could get any notes / guidance that you shared with Sanket. Would be very helpful if we could have a similar report to show deal movements.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Best Regards,

Jason

Analyst

jason.hou@antler.co

ChelseaP
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

We are experiencing the same thing as well!  Jason, have you been able to get any intel on this?  Thanks!

Chelea 

AmyLou
Top Contributor

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm not aware of any way you can do this within HubSpot, so I am curious to see what everyone has to say. From what I understand, you can track the stages in a deal funnel but I don't believe that will be sufficient for you. We're busy building a dashboard for a customer at the moment that is similar to what you're looking for with the ability to see any deals sitting in stages with timeframes to track if deals are in certain stages for too long as well. I'd be happy to show you what we've done for this customer.

Kind Regards

Amy-Louise

MethodData 

MKardon
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi Amy,

I would be interested in seeing how you approach the problem.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Hi @SanketM , thank you for posting your question.

I will tag in some top contributors here: @JustinPerkinsC and @Bryantworks , could you share your advice to @SanketM ?

0 Upvotes
SanketM
Participant

Deal movement by stages

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori . I read couple of advices shared by them but that doesn't solve my issue as all our deals don't necessarily move through all stages. Nevertheless, will await for their responses.

0 Upvotes