Dashboards & Reporting

phtheref
Participant

Deal forecast separating one-time fee and recurring revenue

Hi!

I've used HS at anorher company and there I had to create integration with other provider to get nice forecast reporting...

So... I (and I think everybody else also) needs forecast reporting based on deal pipeline & weighted amount based on deal stage. However what I can get at the moment is somewhere useless. What I mean is that if thinking about cashflow - total amount of deal is not usefull but instead of that we need to separate one-time fee & recurring revenue to get correct information.

For example I have a deal with deal amounts installation of 1000 € and monthly fee of 100 €. and close date is 1.10.20 and close rate % is 50% So annual weughted amount of deal if 1100 (for 10/20) € but this money won't come to the cash immediatly.

What I needed to see is (weighted amount with 50% probability):

Forecast 10/20: one-time fee 500 €, MRR 50 €

Forecast 11/20: one-time fee 0 €, MRR 50 €

Forecast 11/20: one-time fee 0 €, MRR 50 €

and so on....

7 Replies 7
phtheref
Participant

Hmm... still don't working... I haven't found a way to use forecast reports with weighted pipeline with separated one time fee and MRR. Is there a way to create forecast based on pipeline stages which tells me one-time fees and MRR? 

0 Upvotes
phtheref
Participant

I managed this somehow... I created custom deal property which is calculated to calculate one-time fee from TCV

Esben_Seyffart
Participant

I agree on this one.

I am missing being able to use the stage probality on other properties than amount i.e. on monthly fee. It would simplify forecasting enormously.

At the same time, having a stage porbality function that can be used on any property would be helpful i.e. New property "Success fee Amount per year" x stage probabilty or "Service fee per mth x stage probality"

0 Upvotes
darynsmith
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

We have seen many companies with this need, and so we built a function to enable parent-child deal relationships. 

The way it works, is we create a "transactional" pipeline where the child relationships exist, and a deal is created in this pipeline to represent every month of recurring revenue. This then enables you to create weighted revenue forecasts.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
phtheref
Participant

Thx Daryn for this reply...

However I am pointing this question "quite directly" to the HS! They have implemented products & pricing features (MRR, one-time-fee) but this job has been abandoned and one of the most important features -> get insight & reporting for products & prices haven't done.

I've done this with Rekener (Brainshark) and they implemented this feature for their reporting tool but from HS customer side this feels "kinda stupid" to buy somewhere else something which should be essential part of HS Sales reporting.

Darryl_TPNK
Participant

Sounds great Daryn, 

Many thanks. 

Darryl

0 Upvotes
Darryl_TPNK
Participant

Have a similar issue - we charge an initial onboarding fee and then different recurring monthly amounts (dependent on size of order, dictated by customer requirements) 

My team are targeted and rewarded on both i.e. set number of units per month (new business) but also retention and volume of spend vs forecasted revenue for 12 months.