Dashboards & Reporting

MasterElecTampa
Participante

Deal Stage Report Headers Going Away

resolver

If a deal is not in the stage, reporting removes the deal stage from reporting visibility.

We were trying to create a report that would show all our stages whether or not a deal was loaded into that stage. What we found was the stage header disappears IF a deal in not listed in the stage. 

There is no workaround. No filter that will force these headers onto the report. This would be a great addition to the reports feature. Visibility into all deal stages whether a deal is in that stage or not. 

Examples of the differences below:

deal ut.pngdeal wa.png

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
AdamLPW
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @MasterElecTampa,

I've encountered this before with HubSpot reporting - if, for a given time period/filter, there are 0 deals/contacts/activities, etc. within the scope of the report, they are omitted from reporting.  

I don't think there's any way of overcoming this in HubSpot at present - my recommendation would be to post something in the Ideas forum along the lines of "Option to include zero-valued data series in reports".  If you explain your usage case, as above, I'm sure others would upvote your idea and this would bring it to the attention of the developers.  

I had a brief look in Ideas before posting, and could only find this tangential post (same issue, different usage case):

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Show-when-a-user-has-had-quot-no-activity-quot-within...

I think a more generic "option to include zero-valued series" across ALL reports would likely get more upvotes and hence more developer attention.  I've seen first-hand ideas from the community being incorporated into HubSpot, and have been involved in beta-testing and helping to improve the tools once they arrived.

I'm sorry there's no "here-and-now" solution (other than exporting your data e.g. to Excel!), but good luck!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hello @MasterElecTampa 

Since these reports are based in a deal stage, would be expected the deal not show if it's not in that stage.

My recommendation would be creating a custom funnel report and filter for "any" stage, so it will show every deal in each stage, and it will also count deals that passed to that deal stage, I believe this report will fit better to your goal.

More information here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
MasterElecTampa
Participante

resolver

Doesn't look like it works for what we're trying to support. That funnel reflects everything that has gone through the stage, verse, what's currently in that stage. Essentially we're trying to accomplish a pivot table to show what's currently in the stage, and if nothing is in that stage then it would show 0. 

We do not currently have 369 deals in the "customer/s to be contacted" funnel.

Example of what the pipeline is reflecting. funnel example.png 

0 Me gusta
PamCotton

resolver

Hello @MasterElecTampa 

Just want to make sure I understood your goal, you would like to see how many deals are currently in each stage?

Deal total by stageDeal total by stage

Deal total by stage shows how many deals are currently in each stage. 

I will be also tagging some of our top contributors here for additional advice.

Hello @mikedupuy@AM8@AdamLPW, would you recommend another report or a custom report for @MasterElecTampa  goal? 

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
MasterElecTampa
Participante

resolver

I'm looking to find a way to build a report that shows every pipeline header and IF a deal is in that header it shows the count, IF no deals are in the header is shows 0. 

In the above example, IF zero deals are in the stage, the stage header is removed from the report view. The reports below are the exact same, yet, you can see what is happening. 

A.pngB.png

0 Me gusta
AdamLPW
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @MasterElecTampa,

I've encountered this before with HubSpot reporting - if, for a given time period/filter, there are 0 deals/contacts/activities, etc. within the scope of the report, they are omitted from reporting.  

I don't think there's any way of overcoming this in HubSpot at present - my recommendation would be to post something in the Ideas forum along the lines of "Option to include zero-valued data series in reports".  If you explain your usage case, as above, I'm sure others would upvote your idea and this would bring it to the attention of the developers.  

I had a brief look in Ideas before posting, and could only find this tangential post (same issue, different usage case):

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Show-when-a-user-has-had-quot-no-activity-quot-within...

I think a more generic "option to include zero-valued series" across ALL reports would likely get more upvotes and hence more developer attention.  I've seen first-hand ideas from the community being incorporated into HubSpot, and have been involved in beta-testing and helping to improve the tools once they arrived.

I'm sorry there's no "here-and-now" solution (other than exporting your data e.g. to Excel!), but good luck!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"