Dashboards & Reporting

tsimon

Deal Stage Funnel Does Not Reflect Actual Deal Stages

SOLVE

I am just getting my organization started on Hubspot.  We have created 26 deals.  12 are "Closed Won" and 1 is "Closed Lost".  However, the Deal Stage Funnel shows 1 "Closed Won" and 0 "Closed Lost".  

I have no filters on the report.  The only "Closed Won" showing on the report is a test deal I created today.  I recently changed deal stage settings but did not change "closed won" or "closed lost".

1 Accepted solution
lulupearse
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

The Deal Snapshot is a funnel report. This means that the report will only show you the contacts or deals who moved through the specific deal stages (New Lead, Contact Made, Relationship Building etc) in order within the specified time period. For example in your case if a contact became a New Lead then moved to the Contact Made stage but then skipped to the Won stage this contact would only show up in the report under New Lead and Contact Made.

In comparison to this a pipeline report would show you the number of contacts or deals that have entered any of the lifecycle or deal stages during the specified time period regardless of the order. This article will give you further information on the differences between the two.

In order to create a report that will show you the number of deals in a particular stage you will need to create a custom report.This kind of report can be created through the Reporting add on you can avail of with HubSpot.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
gkeshian
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello -

Our app, Sales Rep Scorecards allows you to create custom reports for conversion rates both from a marketing and sales perspective.

Meaning, you can track MQL --> SQL --> Opp --> Customer easily (even if contacts skip stages), and also track progression through sales stages for all of your pipelines in HubSpot.

Let me know if you want to learn more.  The app is available through the HubSpot Connect marketplace.

All the best

Greg

GeorgeKesteven

SOLVE

I agree with the consensus here. The current funnel and pipeline reports show a weirdly perverse interpretation of these terms in common marketing practice.

I need a report that simply shows the number of contacts currently at each stage of the pipeline. I'm not interested in when or how they reached that stage, or what previous stages, if any, they might have been through.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@tsimon Please check the date range in this report.

0 Upvotes
RS
Participant

SOLVE

Was there a solution for this? I am having the same problem. The report is not accurately reflecting what the pipeline shows per stage. 

Thank you,

Rene

Graeme1

SOLVE

I have this same problem, is it a technical issue or is there a fix on the actual deal information? Currently the deal stage does not pull through to the reports

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Graeme1,

@lulupearse explains the answer, it involves the difference between funnel reports and pipelines.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Area51

SOLVE

This is not answering the issue.  We just started using Hubspot and we see the same issue.  Example: one sales person has 5 deals that have all moved to the Quoted Stage.  However when I refresh my dashboard and look at the Deal Stage funnel, it only shows that 1 deal has moved to Quoted and the other deals are all stuck in the first level (Received Opportunity).  I then looked at the 1 deal that is showing in the report as progressing through to the Quoting stage, I notice that it is because I moved it along instead of the deal owner.  I then opened another deal that belongs to the person and changed the deal status off of Quoted, then back to Quoted and the report now shows it correctly.  It seams that the report only shows that the deal has procgressed when the Admin makes the change and not when the deal owner makes the change.  How do we fix this?

0 Upvotes
user12343245

SOLVE

Hi, Has this been resolved? I just migrated all my CRM from excel, and assigned them appropirate deal stage in my pipeline, but some dont show (any - setting) and if I set "all stages" it just shows 0 - totally wrong and useless result. I want to use dashboards for reporting to the CEO and board. Thanks.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @user12343245,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please send along screenshots and details of where the issue is occurring?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
snsl

SOLVE

Hi,

Still experiencing this issue. I cannot create a custom report to show all the deals in the current stages as well as the deals that passed through historical stages in specific time interval.

0 Upvotes
BristarUK
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem, i can move a deal from an earlier stage to CLOSED WON on say the 3rd of April, but when I filter to find a sales report for April it will not show any April deals. Infact only about 25% of my Deals Won show up. Something really isnt working right and it's got nothing to do with filters being incorrect, some deals when dropped and dragged in the deals sheet, just dont register in reports.

0 Upvotes
lulupearse
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

The Deal Snapshot is a funnel report. This means that the report will only show you the contacts or deals who moved through the specific deal stages (New Lead, Contact Made, Relationship Building etc) in order within the specified time period. For example in your case if a contact became a New Lead then moved to the Contact Made stage but then skipped to the Won stage this contact would only show up in the report under New Lead and Contact Made.

In comparison to this a pipeline report would show you the number of contacts or deals that have entered any of the lifecycle or deal stages during the specified time period regardless of the order. This article will give you further information on the differences between the two.

In order to create a report that will show you the number of deals in a particular stage you will need to create a custom report.This kind of report can be created through the Reporting add on you can avail of with HubSpot.

FPoirier
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @lulupearse,

Your response is from 2017, so I wonder if something has changed. I have the free version of Hubspot. Therefore, I can't create custom reports. Do I need to upgrade or there is now a new way to know the number of deals that have entered any of the deal stages during the specified time period regardless of the order?

Thanks for your help 🙂

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@FPoirier there's a report titled "Deals open by current stage" in the HubSpot reports library. It will show you the total number of deals open in each deal stage during a specific time frame. Is that what you're looking for? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
FPoirier
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @BérangèreL and @danmoyle, thank you for your involvement.

Here is more information about my need. The stages of my transactions are “Messages sent”, “Messages replied”, “Invitations sent”, “Attendances confirmed”, “Present”, “New customers”, “New partners”, “In follow-up” and “Not interested”.

If I send 50 messages in the month, I want to know the percentage of people who reply to me. From this number, I want to know how many I invite. Of the people who accept my invitation, I want to know how many attend the presentation. Of these people, I want to know how many become customers, partners or other.

I would like to know my conversion rate from one stage to another. The report that comes closest is “Deal stage funnel with deal totals and conversion rates”, but the results are wrong in my case, as explained by lulupearse in his post of Sept. 1, 2017.

danmoyle

SOLVE

@FPoirier if your Deal stages are labeled as such, and each Deal goes through each stage linearly, then the basic funnel report with "all stages" chosen should show you the conversion rates. It does break down when a Deal skips a stage, according to this knowledge base resource.

I'm not sure of a different way to creat this conversion report, or why your numbers wouldn't match up. But that link is where I'd familiarize myself with how the funnel reports work. 

It sounds like perhaps if this isn't solving for the exact visualization you're looking for, it may be out of HubSpot's functionality. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FPoirier,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that you want a list of the deals that are in a certain deal stage, is that correct please?

I'd like to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @danmoyle, @Jnix284 and @Aakar, do you have any ideas on how to help @FPoirier with a free version of HubSpot to achieve this, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

benito

SOLVE

Dear community manager,

Let me first  tell you that after using SF for years, I am a big(ger) fan of Hubspot.

Regarding this specific item, I understand your product centric point of view, but it sounds like your product managers did not run user experience interviews.

This is an excellent built-in features which is unfortunately useless. ie: A "closed lost" deal can happen anytime in the funnel. Also you can perfectly fasten the process and skip some stages if the decisison maker is in the room earlier in the discussion.

But the way this report is built doesn't keep track of deals skipping stages. Why not allowing your clients to decide wether or not they want to keep track of deal in each stage that was skipped in the funnel.

Happy to help and have a chat with your product managers.

JMabintra

SOLVE

I appreciate your effort to answer this question but it doesn't address the issue I see.  When you say "in the specified time period" do you mean the reports dashboard setting for time period?  The deals I work have a very long sales cycle and I would like the funnel report to reflect the number of deals in a specific stage of our funnel.  Once they are in that stage they should always be reported until they move to the next (or another) stage.  Since I report activities on a monthly basis my "time period" is a 30 day window.  If my deals do not move to another stage within the 30 days the rport drops the deal all together so it looks like I have nothing in my funnel 😞

ManagementPA
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there @nicolebrenner!

I just don't understand how you can undo an action if you move a deal from one stage to another but you want to move it back?? 

0 Upvotes