Dashboards & Reporting

katiebroyles
Participant

Deal Funnel with Two Pipelines

SOLVE

Here is the background: We are a short-term lender (6 months-5 year loan terms), and we wanted to create an easier way to track when a loan is paid off, as well as automate some items, but since there are different ways of paying off a loan (ie they pay it off by selling the property or we, unfortunately, foreclose on the property), it didn't make sense to keep it in the same pipeline as say the loans that are in the process of closing. 

Unfortunately, this has affected our deal funnel report not to show as accurately as it could be. I was wondering if anyone has created this report with two funnels being utilized.  I know I could go back through and mark them as "closed" again to get the report to work, but we utilize the paid-off pipeline in other capacities too.  any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@katiebroyles I have a few ideas here, not sure if any of these might work for your use case:

1- combine back into a single pipeline, but use "Closed Won" as paid off and "Closed Lost" as foreclosure. This would let both deal types show closed, but you would differentiate easily between the two. Is there any other reason a deal might be lost?

2- create a custom property to track loan payoff, with options for selling property or foreclosure, then use this to segment your closed deals (in a single pipeline).

3- create a custom property for "foreclosure" and flag it yes or no, use this to segment your closed deals in reports and consolidate back to single pipeline. 

Not sure how else you utilize the paid-off pipeline, but creating custom properties could help account for the data needed and/or workflow triggers, list memberships, etc.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@katiebroyles I have a few ideas here, not sure if any of these might work for your use case:

1- combine back into a single pipeline, but use "Closed Won" as paid off and "Closed Lost" as foreclosure. This would let both deal types show closed, but you would differentiate easily between the two. Is there any other reason a deal might be lost?

2- create a custom property to track loan payoff, with options for selling property or foreclosure, then use this to segment your closed deals (in a single pipeline).

3- create a custom property for "foreclosure" and flag it yes or no, use this to segment your closed deals in reports and consolidate back to single pipeline. 

Not sure how else you utilize the paid-off pipeline, but creating custom properties could help account for the data needed and/or workflow triggers, list memberships, etc.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin