Dashboards & Reporting

rjohnsonM3
Participant

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Hello.  Does anyone know of a way to track dashboard views?  As in, how many users on the portal have looked at certain dashboards?

Thanks,

Ryan

2 Accepted solutions
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Dashboard views

SOLVE

I asked around... Unfortunately, there isn't anything within HubSpot currently that would support this.

In the User Settings, you can see when someone last logged in, and you can also view the productivity of people on your team by looking at an activity report as mentioned here. We don't have a way to pull an audit of what users viewed in Hubspot, but as mentioned here, a full audit log is something the team is interested in creating in the future.

I agree, having a feature like this would be very helpful, but there aren't currently any workarounds here.

Hope you have a great day!

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Hi @rjohnsonM3 

This is a little out of the box and could be a little more work than you're interested in doing, but here's my idea:

• Create a task with a quiz in the notes section. 
    In the quiz, ask questions that can only be answered if you check the information on the dashboard. 
  • Once the user completes the task, review their responses to ensure they've checked the dashboards and the information that can be found on them. 
  • Automate this with a workflow or wait for HubSpot to roll out the new recurring task feature.

Let me know what you think or if you end up using it. 

Either way, I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
willsmith
Solution

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Hi @rjohnsonM3 

This is a little out of the box and could be a little more work than you're interested in doing, but here's my idea:

• Create a task with a quiz in the notes section. 
    In the quiz, ask questions that can only be answered if you check the information on the dashboard. 
  • Once the user completes the task, review their responses to ensure they've checked the dashboards and the information that can be found on them. 
  • Automate this with a workflow or wait for HubSpot to roll out the new recurring task feature.

Let me know what you think or if you end up using it. 

Either way, I hope this helps. 

rjohnsonM3
Participant

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Thanks, Will!  Could be an option for sure.

ajchapman20

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Cool, super creative idea Will!

0 Upvotes
ajchapman20

Dashboard views

SOLVE

It sounds like you would like to know if you can track users that have viewed dashboards? This functionality is not currently supported.  What is the purpose of viewing this?  I might be able to think of a work around.

0 Upvotes
rjohnsonM3
Participant

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Thanks, Alex.  We're basically just trying to make sure that our users are consuming the information we're putting on the dashboards for them to use.  It would be nice to see exactly which users and when they viewed, but even just aggregated pageview info would be helpful.  It would be a start at least!  🙂

ajchapman20
Solution

Dashboard views

SOLVE

I asked around... Unfortunately, there isn't anything within HubSpot currently that would support this.

In the User Settings, you can see when someone last logged in, and you can also view the productivity of people on your team by looking at an activity report as mentioned here. We don't have a way to pull an audit of what users viewed in Hubspot, but as mentioned here, a full audit log is something the team is interested in creating in the future.

I agree, having a feature like this would be very helpful, but there aren't currently any workarounds here.

Hope you have a great day!

rjohnsonM3
Participant

Dashboard views

SOLVE

Thanks for looking into it, Alex.  Have a good weekend!

-Ryan