Dashboards & Reporting

Tucker1
Participant

DUPLICATE CONTACTS ON CALL REPORT

SOLVE

Hello everyone, I was hoping that someone could help me out here.. 

I would like to have a report that I can pull in order to see how many calls vs how many qualification, meetings set, deals made, etc. 

However, when I pull the report, it will include the same contact multiple times if they have multiple phone numbers.. 

For example, If I want to see how many meetings we set last month based on how many calls were made, it will show "John Doe" listed twice in the set meetings column if he has a Mobile phone and his Compnay line listed in his contact information. 

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Tucker1 It sounds like you need to re-create the report as a single-object (contact) based report for this. Activity based reports will pull in multiple activities associated to the contacts.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

Your report has the primary data source contacts, so it shouldn't be showing contacts multiple times.

With the report you're trying to create you need to be cautious. HubSpot is not necessarily only visualizing calls that led to a certain lead status but also calls within this status. It might not make a difference practically but you should keep it in mind.

If you want to visualize the count of calls by current contact lead status, you should be all sorted.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

How exactly have you created this report? In a single-object activity report, HubSpot will count and show activities and not automatically deduplicate by contact.

Similarly, if you use the custom report builder and select multiple data source and choose Activities as the primary data source, HubSpot will behave the same.

In other words, the object you want to deduplicate by must be the primary data source of the report. In your case that would be Contacts, with Activities as an additional data source.

Once you share more details, I can also provide more help, if needed. Feel free to take screenshots of your report settings.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Tucker1
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your response Karsten. I previously built a report that had shown me Contacts vs Lead status's. However, I want to see how many phone calls it takes in order to obtain those lead status's. If I build my report based on Contacts Vs Lead Status's, is there a way to also input count of calls? 

InkedCalls Report - Duplicate Contacts_LI.jpg

Calls Report .png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tucker1,

Your report has the primary data source contacts, so it shouldn't be showing contacts multiple times.

With the report you're trying to create you need to be cautious. HubSpot is not necessarily only visualizing calls that led to a certain lead status but also calls within this status. It might not make a difference practically but you should keep it in mind.

If you want to visualize the count of calls by current contact lead status, you should be all sorted.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@Tucker1 It sounds like you need to re-create the report as a single-object (contact) based report for this. Activity based reports will pull in multiple activities associated to the contacts.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8