Dashboards & Reporting

Ying
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Custom Rolling Date Range

resolver

I'm trying to create a dashboard that will show me deals in progress on a rolling 'close dates' 3 month/90 period - has anyone created anything that might be suitable for this?

I know there's the one month/this quarter style but nothing I can adjust myself, so looking for ideas how I can workaround this. 

Many thanks!

1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Ying

Do you have the reporting add on? If so, it looks like you can create a dashboard report with a date range set to a rolling date of the last 90 days. 

Does that help you do want you want to do? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

16 Respuestas 16
kit-lyman
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hi Everyone! 

As always, thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback. I am the product manager for the custom report builder, and I have good news—we are working on adding a custom rolling date option for "last" and "next" periods! 

These custom period options will first be added to the new date range comparisons functionality, which is currently in a public beta. Alongside the update in the custom report builder, we are working with the filters team to have this added as a standard option overall.

Here is the Community idea currently tracking this work. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions, and certainly keep the feedback coming!

Best,

Kit

SafetyChainCRO
Participante

resolver

Hi @kit-lyman Can you reshare the link to the Community Idea for this - it dead-ends for me. It looks like the custom report-builder option was added in August (nice). We'd like to use on boards / forecasting where the default options don't support a rolling 6mos view, which we need. Any advice on when this may make it into the broader filters team options?

0 Me gusta
kit-lyman

resolver

My apologies on the misfire on that link, @SafetyChainCRO! I've updated my original post with the correct link. 

Support for custom rolling date ranges on filters at large is something the team is working on now, with hopeful targets being in the first half of next year for implementation. For now, I'd recommend using the "days from now" option when doing future-looking filters within Lists, which can then be used as a "List Membership" filter on Contacts and Company index pages. 

Rolling date option in Lists.png

kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @kit-lyman,

This is great news!

Thanks for sharing this update with us 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Me gusta
BCapewell
Colaborador

resolver

Would also love to see this as a feature. I would like to look at the last 7 days, 7 days before, and the 7 days before that on a company scorecard dash. Just displaying a simple number to give a general understanding of progress to the whole company. 

Currently, I have to manually adjust this before each weekly meeting. 

acjandler
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Looks like this has been an active request since 2017... is there any update on this? Any plan to include it? (Buehler? Buehler?)

BastiSchuhl
Colaborador líder

resolver

Future rolling time frames are certainly needed; @ All, please upvote this "idea submitted" to rais more awareness for this topic: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Future-Rolling-Date-Range/idi-p/214836

Thanks! 

astrong
Participante

resolver

We are also in need of a rolling date in the future feature.  e.g. "Deals set to close in the next 90 days"

PaulMF
Miembro

resolver

Hi, major thread bump here - but I still cannot see a forward looking rolling date range?

Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @Ying

Do you have the reporting add on? If so, it looks like you can create a dashboard report with a date range set to a rolling date of the last 90 days. 

Does that help you do want you want to do? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
RICWAH
Colaborador

resolver

I have the same need. Hubspot is very focused on what already have happened. But many times you want to see what is going to happen (forecasting). That's why a rolling date range for the NEXT 30/60/90 days are important.

karinamariotti
Participante

resolver

This isn't really a solution to the problem explained here. 

What is needed is the option to set a rolling date to future dates. Right now the only options are like "Last 7 days" when we also need  "Next 7 days". 

Commenting to hopefully bring more attention to this pretty important reporting functionality. 

Ying

resolver

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for getting back to me - it's the next 90 days that we are looking to report for. 

For example, what deals are due to close in the next 90 days, the stage they're in and the value. 

Kindest regards, 

Ying

joshl
Participante

resolver

I too am looking for a way to create a rolling forecast of deals in the next year. Unfortunately the Deal "Forecast" report only supports a past-period rolling option.

ParkerShort

resolver

Let me add that this is a good idea to implement. You get next month and next quarter, but only rolling date ranges for the past. I'd love to be able to set up a rolling date range for the future - e.g. show me deals that are closing in the next 90 days.

Ying

resolver

Thanks @ParkerShort - it baffles me why it isn't already a standard feature!