Custom Reporting on Products

Regular Contributor

We're finally getting somewhere with this with the addition of the Sales by Item report, but will I be able to edit it at some point? I want to be able to run a report on products by team, line of business, etc.  Right now that report only shows a list of items, the quantity, and the amount.  The only thing I can edit is the date.  Will I eventually be able to build a custom report on products?

6 Replies
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @agrayson   More robust reporting on the Products object is in the pipeline for future. Nothing in immenent however, so keep your eyes peeled.

It would be great if you could craft a post for our ideas forum on how better reporting tool would benifit you. For example, if you could answer the following, this would go a long way to helping us formulate reporting toolsbased on our customers' needs. 

WHO is the feature for?

WHAT product/tool does it improve?

What is your GOAL?

Where is the ROADBLOCK?

How would this add VALUE?

Do you have any EXAMPLES (other products / diagrams / screenshots)

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I will answer this, as this is a critical feature needed.  Prior to having access to the products feature, I had to create a multiple deal cards for a single client.  A new sale for a new client may consist of consulting services and a support plan and a reporting app (we have over 20 services and products we track against).  Prior to having th eproducts feature, I would have to create 3 different Deal cards for the above example, with is tedious to create and tedious to manage as close dates move or you lose the opportunity.  When products was released, I was super excited and actually converted everything to incorporate products, so I have one deal card per client.  What I did not realize, was that the reporting capabilities for Products was not fully available, as other features.  The only thing you can report on are SALES.  Most of my reporting is regarding Pipeline and Forecast for the next 3 months and for the Fiscal Year.  Because I cannot report on this, I am now having to export to Excel, manually divide the Deal Cards that have multiple products, sort and calculate my reporting.  This is not efficient, and is very time consuming.

WHO is the feature for? Sales Managers, C-Suite for reporting on forecasted sales by product line

WHAT product/tool does it improve?  reporting

What is your GOAL? automate reporting so I am not having to export to Excel adn manually manipulate data, which defeats the purpose of using the tool in this manner

Where is the ROADBLOCK?  I do not have the full reporting capability for Products.  The only options for reporting are sales and average selling price.  This is only a small portion of how we use the CRM - we need to be able to forecast and be proactive, not just looking at historical sales data

How would this add VALUE?  Eliminate hours of work per WEEK in manual manipulation of data.  That costs my company - $25,000 in just the time it takes ME to run manual reports.  

Regular Contributor
We are in the exact same boat. I posted my response in the ideas forum in a post titled “Ideal Product Reporting” you should check it out and upvote so they see that this is a real problem for lots of people.
HubSpot Moderator

HI @KalyS  Thank you for your detailed submission and well-thought out submission. can you add this to @agrayson 's ideas forum post located here?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kaly -

Are you still spending a lot of time trying to report on product line items with HubSpot CRM?  I'm the COO at Rekener, and our app, Sales Rep Scorecards, syncs automatically with HubSpot and allows you to create significantly more advanced reports than you can in HubSpot -- including reporting on products by rep, by account, etc.

Here's a recent review from one of our customers who just solved this problem using Sales Rep Scorecards. 

https://www.g2.com/products/rekener-sales-rep-scorecards/reviews/rekener-sales-rep-scorecards-review...

Let me know if you'd be interested in checking it out!

All the best,

Greg

That is in fact the same feature that we would like to have.

0 Upvotes