Dashboards & Reporting

WHawkins3
Participant

Custom Field Types and Export

SOLVE

I have a requirement to product some reporting to senior management based on customer call logs and I wanted to see if the following customizations (or similar) could be created. 

Export - Data Breaks by Row

1. Can the delimiters or field types allow for an export to put each new line break as a new row within an export?  It should still include the same record ID so it can be pivoted later.  Currently we use a multi-line field and it exports the line-breaks as a string: 

WHawkins3_0-1684950515608.png

2. Could it instead be a multi-select dropdown, then each item selected is a new row?  Still using same record ID. 

Multi-select Dropdown w Amt. box beside.

Is it possible to check off the item as required, but have a spot beside checked item to add total amount?  E.g. <check box> (Model Type) <Box to enter amount manually>.  

Thank you for the help. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@WHawkins3 - Are you able to share how your database is set up to capture fleet and aircraft information?

Deals & line items

The idea of having a dropdown to select an item and a box to input the amount aligns with the line items functionality in HubSpot, but line items sit underneath the Deal object in HubSpot. Is this a viable approach to capture this data? If so, if the call was associated to the deal, I believe, a custom report could be built with Deal, Activities and Line items set as data sources to pull together a pivot table based on the call record ID and the line items associated to the deal record the call is logged on. 

More on line items here: Create products in the product library and Edit price in the line items editor

Custom object(s)

Or is fleet information stored within a custom object? If so, do aircraft have their own custom object that sits underneath the fleet object? 

An option could be to create a playbook to be used by the user during a customer call to capture the information required for reporting, directly populating a custom properties.

Resource: Use playbooks 

If each of the aircraft being assigned to a fleet in the customer log exist as records in the CRM, could the be associated to the call activity card to enable your report? 

-----

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
WHawkins3
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @HFisher7

Thank you for the initial two potential solutions.  For the second option, currently I have the fleet information and fleet totals set to rich text input boxes.  I wasn't sure if I could do a multi-checkbox select or something similar within a company record. 

WHawkins3_0-1685453895813.png

In a playbook, is there an option to create custom data entry fields such as multi-select dropdown, multi-line input fields?  I am hoping to have the export seperate each model type input as a new row or column within the data export.  The one string of text is not ideal for pivoting data after export by my sales group. 

Thank you,

Wyatt

0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@WHawkins3 - If you have an Enterprise level subscription you will be able to create a playbook question which is open text (multi-line text field as you put it), with a defined list of answer options from the user to pick from (multi-select dropdown), or use an existing property from your CRM.

If you do not have an Enterprise subscription, you could create a snippet with the list of options in for the user to add into the property when they complete the playbook, deleting any options they do not need. Resource article: Create and use snippets

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 14.59.47.png

Hannah Fisher

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
WHawkins3
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Hannah, 

I tried another idea as well, and I wanted to get your input.  I made a custom property field within the Company information.  I used a pre-loaded list of 'fleet model types' that the user can multi-select from.  

WHawkins3_0-1686001871812.png

I then tied this data point to a report, and it exported this as a single cell per company row.  The text was seperated with a ; delimiter.  Is there a way to format the export or using a pivot table in excel to automatically put each delimited item as a new row for the same company?  E.g., 

Company A - Fleet Type A

Company A - Fleet Type B

etc.  

WHawkins3_1-1686001986134.png

Thank you,

Wyatt

0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @WHawkins3 - You would be able to create a custom report to show all the selected options from the multi-check box in seperate rows in a pivot table. I tested this out with some default properties in my portal here:

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.43.26.png

However, you wouldn't be able to assign a value to each row (fleet type) using this method. 

Hannah Fisher

WHawkins3
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @HFisher7 !  This seems to have worked for our export for the initial needs.  

One question is if we could also have an aligned quantity number to go alongside each dropdown row?  E.g. Fleet model 1 - Qty amt. 

WHawkins3_0-1686237624329.png

Thank you again for your continued help,

Wyatt

0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@WHawkins3 - Are you able to share how your database is set up to capture fleet and aircraft information?

Deals & line items

The idea of having a dropdown to select an item and a box to input the amount aligns with the line items functionality in HubSpot, but line items sit underneath the Deal object in HubSpot. Is this a viable approach to capture this data? If so, if the call was associated to the deal, I believe, a custom report could be built with Deal, Activities and Line items set as data sources to pull together a pivot table based on the call record ID and the line items associated to the deal record the call is logged on. 

More on line items here: Create products in the product library and Edit price in the line items editor

Custom object(s)

Or is fleet information stored within a custom object? If so, do aircraft have their own custom object that sits underneath the fleet object? 

An option could be to create a playbook to be used by the user during a customer call to capture the information required for reporting, directly populating a custom properties.

Resource: Use playbooks 

If each of the aircraft being assigned to a fleet in the customer log exist as records in the CRM, could the be associated to the call activity card to enable your report? 

-----

Hannah Fisher