Dashboards & Reporting

Krista21
参加者

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

We have a sales development team and a sales team working in different pipelines but the sales cycle flows from the Sales Dev Pipeline to the Sales Pipeline. For example, a lead will get dropped into the sales development pipeline for the Sales Development Rep to enrich, qualify, and then hand the lead over to the sales team. Once the meeting has been set with the Salesperson, that's when the lead gets moved over to the Sales Pipeline. The goal is to be able to report on conversion and velocity from a specific stage in the Sales Development Pipeline to a specific stage in the Sales Pipeline. Ultimately, a cross-pipeline funnel reporting style would be necessary for this purpose, as it would allow us to track how many qualified leads from the Sales Dev Pipeline turn into meetings set in the Sales Pipeline, and then turn into closed won deals, for example.

The suggestion to combine the pipelines is not ideal for us as we would prefer to keep these two pipelines separate, considering that they are for two separate teams with different purposes, and we are trying to avoid the clutter of having too many cooks in the kitchen in one pipeline.

I'm pretty sure this reporting style doesn't exist yet so I've submitted the idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Cross-Pipeline-Reporting/idi-p/697320/highlight/true

and would appreciate if anyone who is experiencing the same need upvote and comment on my suggestion. Thanks! 

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jolle
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Solutions Partner

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

Hey @Krista21, thanks for reaching out! This is an awesome use case.

While it's true that there isn't default cross-pipeline reporting (since each deal in each pipeline has its own unique ID), you may be able to get close through custom contact reports depending on what specific reporting you need.

It probably won't be perfect, but you could look at the associated deal properties at the contact level (assuming that you do have contacts associated with all of your deals). Keep in mind that HubSpot is looking for contacts who have "at least one associated deal" that meets the criteria.

For example, you could pull contact reports like:

• Contacts who have at least one associated deal in the Dev pipeline and at least one associated deal in the Sales pipeline (and you can narrow it down to the stage if you'd like)
  • Contacts who have at least one associated deal in the Dev pipeline but no associated deal in the Sales pipeline 
  • Contacts who have associated deals with specific deal owners (if those are unique between pipelines)

Since the contact/company record is the common denominator for both of your deals, you could also look into updating custom properties at the contact record.

For example, if a deal hits a certain stage in the Dev pipeline, you could create a workflow to update a custom contact property, effectively "tagging" them when their associated deal meets certain criteria. Just to be clear, this would a deal workflow that updated all associated contacts when meeting the specific criteria. You could then do the same in for deals in the Sales pipeline. These could look like:

• Date stamp properties (like when a meeting was booked, Dev pipeline deal was created, Sales pipeline deal was created)
  • Verification properties (like setting a property to "Yes" when certain conditions are met, like a deal in the Dev pipeline reaching a certain stage)

You could then create custom contact reports leveraging those custom properties. You're effectively taking data on the deal record and relaying it to the contact record for easier reporting. 

Hope this helps! I also upvoted your idea!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
Jnix284
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

Hi @Krista21 

Are you creating one deal in the dev pipeline and moving it to the sales pipeline? or are you moving the dev deal to "won" and then creating (manually or with workflow) a deal in the sales pipeline?

Just trying to understand if there are two deals associated to each lead, or if only 1 as this would change how you could customize the reporting.

@jolle has a lot of great ideas for making this work with separate deals and would be a great starting point.

I've also upvoted, thanks for sharing with the community!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Krista21
参加者

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

Hi Jennifer, 

Thanks for upvoting! 

It is just one deal that gets moved from Qualified in the dev pipeline over to Meeting Set in the sales pipeline.

jolle
解決策

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

Hey @Krista21, thanks for reaching out! This is an awesome use case.

While it's true that there isn't default cross-pipeline reporting (since each deal in each pipeline has its own unique ID), you may be able to get close through custom contact reports depending on what specific reporting you need.

It probably won't be perfect, but you could look at the associated deal properties at the contact level (assuming that you do have contacts associated with all of your deals). Keep in mind that HubSpot is looking for contacts who have "at least one associated deal" that meets the criteria.

For example, you could pull contact reports like:

• Contacts who have at least one associated deal in the Dev pipeline and at least one associated deal in the Sales pipeline (and you can narrow it down to the stage if you'd like)
  • Contacts who have at least one associated deal in the Dev pipeline but no associated deal in the Sales pipeline 
  • Contacts who have associated deals with specific deal owners (if those are unique between pipelines)

Since the contact/company record is the common denominator for both of your deals, you could also look into updating custom properties at the contact record.

For example, if a deal hits a certain stage in the Dev pipeline, you could create a workflow to update a custom contact property, effectively "tagging" them when their associated deal meets certain criteria. Just to be clear, this would a deal workflow that updated all associated contacts when meeting the specific criteria. You could then do the same in for deals in the Sales pipeline. These could look like:

• Date stamp properties (like when a meeting was booked, Dev pipeline deal was created, Sales pipeline deal was created)
  • Verification properties (like setting a property to "Yes" when certain conditions are met, like a deal in the Dev pipeline reaching a certain stage)

You could then create custom contact reports leveraging those custom properties. You're effectively taking data on the deal record and relaying it to the contact record for easier reporting. 

Hope this helps! I also upvoted your idea!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Krista21
参加者

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

Hi Jolle, 

Thanks for upvoting my idea! 

It seems like I might have to go with the custom property route for now, although it is not ideal, and it would be so much easier if they could provide us with a cross-pipeline sample report.

I've implemented the date stamp property method for tracking velocity in our onboarding pipeline in the past so I'm familiar with how that works. Thanks for your suggestions! 

0 いいね!
deepikaverma
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

Cross-pipeline reporting

解決

Hi @jolle 
Well explained thank you so much!