Dashboards & Reporting

Samrmr

Cross Object Reporting - Companies with X contacts with property Y

SOLVE

Hi! I have a question on cross object reports.

I'd like to build a report that returns a list of companies that have at least X associated contacts with a certain property. 

As far as I can tell, the default setting for a cross object report (Company: Name to use as a counter; Contacts: Property X=True to find the right companies) will give me all the companies that contain 1 or more contacts with said property, but I would like to filter so it only shows me companies with 3+ contacts with that property. I don't know how to do this because the threshold is related to the companies but the property I want to filter by belongs to the contacts.

In the setup, it's possible to select "Associated Contacts is equal or greater than X", but I believe this is just checking against all the contacts associated with a company and not those that have the property I'm trying to filter by.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Samrmr,

@Samrmr wrote:

In the setup, it's possible to select "Associated Contacts is equal or greater than X", but I believe this is just checking against all the contacts associated with a company and not those that have the property I'm trying to filter by.

Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately, this is currently not possible. HubSpot doesn't offer this level of detail in filtering.

There is one workaround that I would try, requiring workflows. You would create a custom company number property. In a custom contact-based workflow, you'd enroll contacts when the fulfill the criterion you're trying to filter by. For each contact that enters, you'd increase the company number property by +1. You can now filter by companies who have a value of 3 or greater than 3 in this field.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
FerhatSF
Participant

SOLVE

You can prepare the cross object report. Filter based on contact property. You will have multiple matches with company x contacts (with property=True).  And in the visualization, you can do a company vs the count of contacts.  descending sort by the count of contacts. And just don't  look to the bottom of the report 🙂  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Samrmr,

@Samrmr wrote:

Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately, this is currently not possible. HubSpot doesn't offer this level of detail in filtering.

There is one workaround that I would try, requiring workflows. You would create a custom company number property. In a custom contact-based workflow, you'd enroll contacts when the fulfill the criterion you're trying to filter by. For each contact that enters, you'd increase the company number property by +1. You can now filter by companies who have a value of 3 or greater than 3 in this field.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Samrmr

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, this does help. I'll attempt the workflow workaround as you suggested. Thanks!