Dashboards & Reporting

JRobertshaw
Participant

Creating notifications to edit Deal Stage Properties

SOLVE

Hi All, 

We have a situation where we have a number of stages in the deals process that require information from different team members. What we are hoping is that when a deal moves to a stage, it sends a notification to the sales member to fill in the deal stage properties on that stage. How can we set up this automation and make sure they can edit the properties, at the moment you need to manually drag the deal across to see the deal stage property pop up. Ideally the team member could click a link in the notification and either: 

a) Go to a landing page with form that up dates to the deal (I know we can't link forms to deals, so this won't work) 

b) they click on the link and it opens the deal pipeline with the stage properties already popped up 

At the moment I can see the only option is that it opens the deal card and they will have to find the properties to change the values 

Thanks for your thoughts 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw,

It sounds like the required deal stage properties feature is not what you're looking for because you need more flexibility and multiple users are involved?

karstenkoehler_3-1626758355332.png

If that's the case, I believe I have a cool workaround for you. It leverages the fact that HubSpot app link structure follows a certain logic.

On a deal record, you can click View all properties in the left sidebar and type something in the search bar, for example "stage". This is where properties can be edited easily.

karstenkoehler_0-1626757819474.png

This is what the URL of the browser looks like in that moment.

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/14572091/deal/5715353210/properties?search=stage

It follows this structure:

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/PORTAL_ID/deal/DEAL_ID/properties?search=SEARCH_QUERY

In an internal notification in a deal-based workflow, you can use a personalization token to automatically populate the Deal ID in this link:

karstenkoehler_1-1626757965151.png

You can now, for each deal stage, create an internal email notification following this principle. You can't rename default name properties, but if there are custom properties, you could rename them so they share a keyword. By clicking the link, HubSpot would then take the user to all properties containing this keyword. See how for example "date" will show all date properties:

karstenkoehler_2-1626758149061.png

You can use this to your advantage and group custom properties by having them follow a naming convention.

Depending on how many properties there are, you'll have to include multiple links in each notification and this would still be a lot of clicking, unfortunately, but it would take each HubSpot user straight to the property field for the correct deal.

(I'm not aware of any other workarounds.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw,

The first number in the URL is the portal ID, not the contact ID. It is always the same number. Unless you want to link to a contact record, you don't need the contact ID:

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/PORTAL_ID/deal/DEAL_ID/properties?search=SEARCH_QUERY

Let me know if this clarifies things.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw ,

The set-up you already have that moving from one deal stage to another pop-up the notification where you can update the property seems like the only option here. Even if we create a workflow to send the notificatiobs, its not possible to send the property link for updation. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw,

It sounds like the required deal stage properties feature is not what you're looking for because you need more flexibility and multiple users are involved?

karstenkoehler_3-1626758355332.png

If that's the case, I believe I have a cool workaround for you. It leverages the fact that HubSpot app link structure follows a certain logic.

On a deal record, you can click View all properties in the left sidebar and type something in the search bar, for example "stage". This is where properties can be edited easily.

karstenkoehler_0-1626757819474.png

This is what the URL of the browser looks like in that moment.

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/14572091/deal/5715353210/properties?search=stage

It follows this structure:

In an internal notification in a deal-based workflow, you can use a personalization token to automatically populate the Deal ID in this link:

karstenkoehler_1-1626757965151.png

You can now, for each deal stage, create an internal email notification following this principle. You can't rename default name properties, but if there are custom properties, you could rename them so they share a keyword. By clicking the link, HubSpot would then take the user to all properties containing this keyword. See how for example "date" will show all date properties:

karstenkoehler_2-1626758149061.png

You can use this to your advantage and group custom properties by having them follow a naming convention.

Depending on how many properties there are, you'll have to include multiple links in each notification and this would still be a lot of clicking, unfortunately, but it would take each HubSpot user straight to the property field for the correct deal.

(I'm not aware of any other workarounds.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JRobertshaw
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Just to follow up on this, thought I had it all working, but discovered that I also need the Contact ID as a personalised field in the URL, unfortunately internal deal emails don't allow to put contact ID as an option. Any thoughts around this?

Thanks again for your help 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw,

The first number in the URL is the portal ID, not the contact ID. It is always the same number. Unless you want to link to a contact record, you don't need the contact ID:

Let me know if this clarifies things.

Karsten Köhler

JRobertshaw
Participant

SOLVE

Apologies Karsten, 

You're completely right, got too excited about finding a solution I didnt read your solution right 

Thanks again! 

JRobertshaw
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your help, I think this will work for what we need, lets just hope the client is also happy with this solution 🤞