Dashboards & Reporting

P1
Participant

Creating Inbox or Report for Open Email

SOLVE

This may be an obvious feature, new user here 😉

For Sales Reps, seeking to push active leads to their top of mind.

Do you know of a report or maybe an Inbox (?) that will list hottest/latest email opens?

Hubspot: Show me a list of my Email Opens , perhaps even also repeat opens, so i can follow-up with these leads first.  Name, Company Name, Email Opened, When Opened, Repeat Open, or something close

Or will HubSpot force to only view email open metrics inside each contact record?  Repeat Email Opens would be HOTTEST of leads, but to have list view (report or inbox) inside their dashboard or otherwise, seeking a hotbox of Opened emails from previous day to build an Inbox of hot leads

All help is appreciated.  There may be multiple ways to accomplish this objective - but having trouble in discoverying ....

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
danielruby
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Right now it looks like the trigger is wrong. Also you have no actions, so HS won't let you start the workflow.

Change your Contact Enrollment Trigger to "List Membership: Is Member of Hot Leads" (the active list I mentioned earlier), and then add an action to Set Property Value - Hot Leads - Yes.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
P1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I got it!  whew. 

hotlead.jpg

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
danielruby
Participant

SOLVE

Hi P1,

I think you can get most of what you want out of an Active List - set the filter as Contact --> Recent Sales Email Open Date | Less Than 3 Days Ago

Then add the Recent Sales Email Open Date and Recent Sales Email Clicked Date from the Contacts object as columns, sort descending by the former, and you'll have a list of the contacts who most recently opened emails.

I don't think there's a way to give you the number of opens over a given period of time, at least not for Sales Template emails.

Alternatively, you could use HubSpot Score as an analogue - set positive attributes as "Recent sales email open date is less than 1 day ago," "Recent sales email clicked date is less than 1 day ago," and have them increment by however much you think an open vs. a click is worth. Then just have the above list and add HubSpot Score as a column, so you can sort by highest score everyone who opened a sales email in the last 3 days.

P1
Participant

SOLVE

I have used your FIlter suggestion - great!  So now, can you help with how to edit the filters on Contacts > Contacts > the links to the right of the Search Window, we would like this new filter to be right there, just to the right of Search - can i edit those links/filters across the top of the reps contacts List?  And make it universal for entire company (all users)?

actually - i ADDED A VIEW - so now we have a Tab = Hot Leads

Can we make that tab the filtered list = Most Recent Email Open (last 3 days)?

Thanks much!

0 Upvotes
danielruby
Participant

SOLVE

Glad that worked, unfortunately you can't put list membership or filter view membership into a column in the Contacts list or as an indicator in a single Contact view. Here's what I would suggest:

1 - create a custom Property at the Contact level called "Hot Lead"; make it a single on/off checkbox

2 - create two active lists:

2A - "Hot Leads," Last Email Open Date less than 3 Days Ago

2B - "Not Hot Leads," Last Email Open Date more than 3 Days Ago

3 - create two Workflows:

3A - Contact is a member of "Hot Leads," change Property "Hot Lead" to Checked

3B - Contact is a member of "Not Hot Leads," change Property "Hot Lead" to Unchecked

Note: make sure your Workflows are set so that Contacts can re-enroll based on the list membership.

Now you can add the "Hot Lead" Property as a company-wide or team-wide column in the Contacts list, and you can add it to the left-hand column in the individual Contact view.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
P1
Participant

SOLVE

wf.jpg

Appreciate the help - wonderful, I did mark enrollment as you said, can you confirm this is the workflow you are thinking - it will not allow me to turn it on, stuck on it.  What am i missing?  Thanks for all your help!

0 Upvotes
danielruby
Participant

SOLVE

You want the trigger to be "Contact is member of list Hot Leads", and use the workflow to change the property Hot Leads to yes. Then the other workflow should be "Contact is member of list Not Hot Leads" and use the workflow to change Hot Leads to No.

0 Upvotes
P1
Participant

SOLVE

my thinking is we have workflow as you say, please confirm it - if it is as you say, why will Hubspot not allow us to turn the workflow to on position, and then begin to use it?

wf3.jpg

0 Upvotes
P1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I got it!  whew. 

hotlead.jpg

danielruby
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Right now it looks like the trigger is wrong. Also you have no actions, so HS won't let you start the workflow.

Change your Contact Enrollment Trigger to "List Membership: Is Member of Hot Leads" (the active list I mentioned earlier), and then add an action to Set Property Value - Hot Leads - Yes.

0 Upvotes
danielruby
Participant

SOLVE

Incidentally, you also likely want to set some HubSpot Score rules, if you haven't. Make Opened Email worth a point, Clicked Email worth 2, etc. This will give you a nice running total of how engaged someone is, based on your own rules.

Filled out a form? 3 points. Website visit? 1 point per day. Something like that.

Then set some score decay rules so if they get disengaged they no longer look like they should be the top of your Hot Leads list.

0 Upvotes
P1
Participant

SOLVE

Wonderful.  Will try this, thanks!

0 Upvotes