Dashboards & Reporting

unminddave

Create report showing monthly change in pipeline

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am trying to create a report that shows the month to month % increase in the overall value of the pipeline, the month to month % change in value of each stage of the pipeline and the month to month % change in number of deals in each stage of the pipeline. 

It seems pretty obvious/simple but I haven't been able to find anything either in support or in the dashboard tools. 

Thanks in advance, 

Dave

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @unminddave

HubSpot's reporting doesnt do this currently. I agree it would be super useful so I recommend that you create an idea over in the ideas forum, or vote on any existing one. 

In another thread I mentioned how a client of mine has managed to create this report in Excel - something you may want to consider. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Khanitha

SOLVE

HI, checking in 2021-  can this now be done where  am trying to create a report that shows the month to month % increase in the overall value of the pipeline, the month to month % change in value of each stage of the pipeline and the month to month % change in number of deals in each stage of the pipeline.  I want to do this by source as well - whats the value of each stage by source : paid search,  social media, organic search etc

Please help,

Khanitha

SprinkleData

SOLVE

Hi @unminddave @SalesEncore @ElisaLauga 

HS limitations on reporting is obvious. In this case, you can use a platform like Sprinkle which can integrate with HS easily and ingest data at real time. Furthermore, Sprinkle will also enable you to set your KPIs and generate reports accordingly. This is the exact platform that a couple of Unicorns($1Billion+ Valuation companies)  in the start up ecosystem solely depned on for their end to end data management purposes.

Regards

Sam

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

The challenge you are describing is one of the many reasons why we started using Microsoft Power BI to report on HubSpot CRM data. Power BI works like Excel and connects through the cloud to multiple data sources as well as to locally saved spreadsheets. We started offering our HubSpot connector for Power BI in the HubSpot Connect directory here. It’s the simplest, lowest cost way to get the dashboards and reports you want and can’t easily get with HubSpot’s current reporting tools. Everything you need is included, and there is a free trial.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @johnelmer

Very interesting - can you point me to pricing, or send it to me? A client of mine may be interested in this. 

Thanks, Phil.

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

Phil,

This page explains the service and has a working demo of Power BI with HubSpot data.  We provide a secure virtual data warehouse for your HubSpot data, you connect your HubSpot account and decide how frequently you want your data to automatically update in Power BI. Pricing starts at $99 a month for daily updates, and hourly updates are available.  Most users find that the $99 option is sufficient.

Power BI comes free with most Office365 accounts so many clients already have it (but just don’t know it).  We provide a reporting template for HubSpot data to get users up and running quickly.  Many of our users are HubSpot agencies who want to give their clients more powerful reporting. We offer a 14-day free trial. Thanks for asking!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @unminddave

HubSpot's reporting doesnt do this currently. I agree it would be super useful so I recommend that you create an idea over in the ideas forum, or vote on any existing one. 

In another thread I mentioned how a client of mine has managed to create this report in Excel - something you may want to consider. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
SalesEncore

SOLVE

This (and may other trend based reports) is such a fundamental KPI in sales management. I'm seriously doubting anyone on the design team at HS has ever actually worked in or managed sales. HS are woefully underpowered when to comes to reporting on sales and piepline as compared to the other offerings on the market. 

mcross
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender - can you please send the thread with the Excel example?

Thanks,
Michael

0 Upvotes
ElisaLauga

SOLVE

Hello @Phil_Vallender

I'm interrested about the Excel report your client has manage to create.

Could you tell me more about it please?

Best, 

Elisa

0 Upvotes