Dashboards & Reporting

Tiffk

Counting sales activities to get to closed won

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am wanting to create a report that will count the number of sales activities to get to closed won (can be all and I will also then break them down). Happy to create a field to put these in as in our company we continue to add sales activities after a eal is won. My question is how do I go about this? I am good with workflows and the like this is just a new one on me and I can't seem to get my head around it. Has anyone faced this issue or similar? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

That's correct, @Tiffk.

If you want to freeze the count, you could create a custom number property and use a deal based workflow to copy the count of sales activities value into this custom property. You could then report on this custom property. This will only work for deals that close starting now of course. I'm not aware of any ways to backfill this historically.

Reports don't alle filters like "Activity date must before Close date" either, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Tiffk

SOLVE

hi @karstenkoehler, I can't seem to get my workflow to count the number of activities - do I need to do this another way? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tiffk,

The workflow is counting – you're creating a custom deal number property.

When a deal reaches closed won, you're copying "Number of sales activities" into this custom number property. That's it.

Does that make sense?

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Tiffk

SOLVE

thanks @karstenkoehler, that's what I thought too but was driving myself mad trying to think of a way round it 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tiffk,

You could use the single object report builder or new custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom Report Builder), choose Deals as primary data source.

You would then filter the entire report by Deal stage by closed won, to only show activities with closed won deals.

Now we're going to visualize deal property Number of sales activities by any other property, e.g. Deal type. This depends on where you want this report to go. For any grouping (e.g. Deal type) that applies to multiple deals, you can then choose to display the average. It could look like this:

karstenkoehler_1-1660747305401.png

If you're trying to break this down by activity type, you'd have to choose Sales activities as an additional data source when setting up the report. However, when I tested it, it was not possible to apply an average on a Sales activities measure. This would give you the totals per group. If you choose this route, you can display the Count of sales activities by Activity type, for example.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Tiffk

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, but I'm not sure that will work as a deal will still stay in closed won afterwards. And sales activities will still continue to add up so this will just keep adding up - I need to analyse the amount of activities it took to get to a closed won stage and then stop counting. Does that make sense? I believe in the report you suggested it will continue to add the additional activities after the point of closing? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

That's correct, @Tiffk.

If you want to freeze the count, you could create a custom number property and use a deal based workflow to copy the count of sales activities value into this custom property. You could then report on this custom property. This will only work for deals that close starting now of course. I'm not aware of any ways to backfill this historically.

Reports don't alle filters like "Activity date must before Close date" either, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler