Dashboards & Reporting

AliceZen
Participante

Conversion rates between deal stages

resolver

Hi, 

I'm not sure if i'm just interpreting this wrong, but I'm having difficulty calculating the actual conversion rates between each deal stage. 

I.e 100 deals get created, and 70 of them move to the next stage = 70% conversion rate.  

50 of those remaining 70 deals move to the next stage = 71% conversion.  And so on, until Deal won or deal lost. 

I can pull a report that just takes two astages, and select deals that have been in ALL stages, which although a bit manual, I thought would give me the correct conversion rates.  But! This does not take into account any deals that skip stages.

What I really need, is All opportunities that have been in "Deal stage 1" AND, ANY of all following stages, except Lost.  Then "Deal stage 2", AND, ANY of all following stages, except LOST.  and so on.  

Has anybody else done this?  Or is there another way to look at it that I'm missing?  

Best, 

Alice

1 Solução aceita
JustinPerkinsC
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Just incase you want to give this a try...

-Go to Reports (Select reports)

-Click Create Custom Report

-Select the funnel report

-Select Deals, and click Next

-Pick the pipeline you wish to leverage for this report.

-Add all the related pipeline stages you wish to track however the difference between this as the conversion report is that you adjust as shown below to Any stage. This won't have conversions but will give you totals of deals to move into this stage over the period of time you have filters.

Screenshot_5.jpg

Hope this helps a bit,

JP

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin

Exibir solução no post original

23 Respostas 23
Lmiller12
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I have also spoken about this report to our HubSpot rep for our company and when they told me that HubSpot couldn't calculate the conversion rate between stages I was shocked. This seems like a non-negotiable to me. Why even create that report if it doesn't easily tell you the conversion rate between stages? It also doesn't show in the report the win rate in the way I would expect- the win rate disappears once I put the report on a dashboard. I have to go back and re-create the report each time to see the win rate. It's very frustrating to see that this request has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it yet. Please take a look at this and consider updating the report so it can do the bare minimum for what sales teams are looking for. Thank you. 

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @Lmiller12,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for any data and business impact this has caused.

I would encourage you to add this feedback to this idea and upvote it if you haven't done so already to show your support. Our product team actively moderates the Ideas Forum for product feedback. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
VIyengar
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@kvlschaefer I see this thread has been open for years already. Any idea on the releast date of this feature? The idea linked isn't the solution and only works if a deal always passes through every single stage, which is just not how it works in reality for most companies (I'm assuming).

0 Avaliação positiva
JCortazzo
Participante

resolver

Sounds like this needs to get pushed up @TiphaineCuisset 

Quite frankly I'm very frustrated with this unsatisfactory report. And it angers me to see so many people have the same issue and nothing has been done. 

TiphaineCuisset
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi  @JCortazzo @amydyv 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the frustration caused here

If you use the report mentioned by @Lisette1 in this thread, does that answer your issue? (Going to Reports > Analytics > Sales Analytics > Sales Outcomes > Deals won & lost - you can then filter by teams, pipeline, rep, etc. )

If you want something more specific, I'd recommend upvoting that mentioned Idea and commenting with as many details as possible. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Avaliação positiva
amydyv
Participante

resolver

I also find this highly troublesome and doesn't feel in line with the overall advanced report builder.

BrianSkov_WUD
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@matedavid we are also a SaaS and have a similar requirement. 
I have suggested a simple standard report idea. Please up-vote or comment here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pipeline-performance-report-conversion-rate/idi-p/469... 

matedavid
Participante

resolver

Hello.

We are an SaaS company offering 15 days free trial for buyers which can result in a significant difference between the dates of creating a deal and closing it as won. For example our first interaction with a new registration occured in January 2021 (deal create date), the buyer started the trial period but decided to only complete the software subscription in May 2021 (deal close date).

For us calculating the conversion rate we need to divide the count of close won deals (based on the close date) by the count of deals created (based on creation date) for the matching period of time (for us this is on a quarterly basis). Does Hubspot offer a report that allows to use custom formulas this way?

Appreciate the help from the community. Best - David

AstridvanDam
Colaborador(a)

resolver

It would indeed be required if we could see the conversion rates (%), even when the contact didn't move through all the lifecycle stages

TiphaineCuisset
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @AstridvanDam @Lucinda @emilybright 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot without the funnel report, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. The status is currently In Planning by our product team. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes/for any update. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Lucinda
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I don't really understand why this has been marked as an accepted solution. I'm having exactly the same struggles. The funnel report doesn't give conversion rates at each deal stage. I also want to be able to see an overall conversion rate across all pipelines of closed won but just can't find a way to do it. Having to export to excel each time I want to calculate this just makes me think why are we paying so much money for a CRM.

emilybright
Participante

resolver

Experiencing the same blockers here. Due to the nature of the services we sell, some take more negotiating and thus necessary to move through different stages, and other services are quick wins that often jump a lot of stages and go straight to closed-won. 

We need a way of reporting our win/lost % rate to inform our targets, resources, campaigns and more. This would hugely increase our productivity within our commercial teams. 

Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

Hi, 

Dealing with the same issue and here to express my support.  

Hubspot declares itself to be a Sales Software, trying to make our lifes easier, but actually struggles with calculating conversion rates? 🤔
Seems odd to me (and apparently many other, too). 

Setting the filter to "any" is not the ideal solution, since it only shows the number of deals, not the conversion in percentage. 

This is a feature we urgently need. 
Pls fix. 

JustinPerkinsC
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

So conversion rates are a bit difficult on its own report, the reason being from my own experience reps always bump things a step (As you have seen). Internally we do leverage this when possible but we also have a report which shows us each deal to change status over a period of time. A deal can appear in this report multiple times as it progresses but it gives you a good idea of the pipeline movement over a period of time. 

Do you think this would be useful to you? If so I can dig up the steps I used to create this. 

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
AliceZen
Participante

resolver

That would be amazing!  Yes please - I also wasn't sure if it's possible to export the "entered into stage date" field that you can see all deal stages a deal  has been in?

JustinPerkinsC
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@AliceZen I posted the steps to create the main report above! Give it a try I am rather a fan of it. I actually had the same talk with our rep yesterday. As in for exporting this I am not sure, I actually just attempted this on my report and it isn't giving me correct data. Missing a ton of information I might need to look and see what might be happening here. 

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
sidsaha
Participante

resolver

Grappling with the same issue. My understanding on talkint to Hubspot support is that unless Reps move the deals through all the stages (without skipping any), the conversion rate report in which you have select "All" stages instead of "Any" as indicated by @JustinPerkinsC won't work. And getting reps to adhere to that is a challenge. As @JustinPerkinsC rightly pointed out, using the "Any" option might result in some duplication of deals showing in multiple stages, but it does the job of showing deal movement over a period of time. If anyone figures a more elegant way of doing this, please do let me know.

JustinPerkinsC
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Just incase you want to give this a try...

-Go to Reports (Select reports)

-Click Create Custom Report

-Select the funnel report

-Select Deals, and click Next

-Pick the pipeline you wish to leverage for this report.

-Add all the related pipeline stages you wish to track however the difference between this as the conversion report is that you adjust as shown below to Any stage. This won't have conversions but will give you totals of deals to move into this stage over the period of time you have filters.

Screenshot_5.jpg

Hope this helps a bit,

JP

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
agcook
Participante

resolver

Do you know of any way of identifying deals that have skipped a stage? I'm dealing with the same issues and already understand the ANY/ALL difference on the OOB report. Just wish I could see conversions for all stages regardless of skipped stages... at the end of the day, I just want to easily understand our win rate (i honestly dont care if a deal went through all stages, just what went to closed-won - maybe I'm going down the wrong path trying to use the conversion report)... 

Thanks in advance.

SanketM
Participante

resolver

@agcook I am also grappling with the same issue. Unable to understand the movement of deals within the stages and hence makes it difficult to analyse conversion rates and Win/Loss %. Any help here would be great.