Dashboards & Reporting

tillyvs21
Participant

Conversion rate reporting

SOLVE

I'm looking to add conversion rates to my dashboard as this is a KPI in my company. 

I can't seem to find a way to calculate this property in a report? Is there anyway around this or any integrated software that I can use?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tillyvs21,

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can adjust the report to achieve exactly that.

Click "Customize":

karstenkoehler_0-1642146991350.png

In the left sidebar, simply remove all irrelevant stages:

karstenkoehler_1-1642147056207.png

You're now left with a conversion rate from all deals created ( = opportunities) and closed won ( = customers). The same of course works for the lifecycle stage report. The lifecycle stage funnel however does show multiple contacts per company, potentially.

(Without the ability to edit the report, this can unfortunately not be achieved.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Luxeworld
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

I created a conversion property (value of 1 for won deals, 0 for others). I then created a report showing conversion by deal owner, deal source etc. Much less issues than with the funnel, which requires deals to go through all stages in order to be accurate.

JMaylandOlsen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

When I follow the steps you suggest I get a number, but I'd much rather show a percentage. I cannot find a way to ask for this in visualization. Is it not possible?

0 Upvotes
tillyvs21
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

That's really helpful. I think perhaps what's been throwing me off when looking at that (as i had tried it) is that it only includes those created in a period. So makes it quite hard to look at if someone adds a deal towards the end of last month, and closes it this month, but yet I look at conversion rates month of month. So although not created this month, it would count towards this months conversion. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tillyvs21,

That's not quite right: HubSpot's date filter is based on the time of entering the first stage, in this case the deal create date:

karstenkoehler_0-1642148430590.png

A deal created last month that closes this month would count towards last month in this report.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tillyvs21,

What conversion rates are you interested in exactly? HubSpot has some very helpful default reports in its report library. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library and search for "funnel". You should see default reports for contacts and their lifecycle stages as well as deals and deal stages.

Keep in mind that by default these reports will exclude some records, see the arrow below. "All: report on contacts or deals that have ever moved through all the selected stages." Records that skipped a stage will be excluded.

karstenkoehler_0-1642139814463.png

For anything outside of these default reports, you can also create custom funnel reports. A Professional subscription is needed for these reports.

With an Enterprise subscription, you can create these funnel reports based on custom events.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
tillyvs21
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your response. I am aware of the funnel, what I want is just a simple opp (deal) to sale conversion value regardless of any stage that they've passed through.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tillyvs21,

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can adjust the report to achieve exactly that.

Click "Customize":

karstenkoehler_0-1642146991350.png

In the left sidebar, simply remove all irrelevant stages:

karstenkoehler_1-1642147056207.png

You're now left with a conversion rate from all deals created ( = opportunities) and closed won ( = customers). The same of course works for the lifecycle stage report. The lifecycle stage funnel however does show multiple contacts per company, potentially.

(Without the ability to edit the report, this can unfortunately not be achieved.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler