Dashboards & Reporting

JvanBeeck
Participant

Combining ''Deal Stage entered date'' reporting accross pipelines

SOLVE

I would like to create a dashboard where I can see the same Deal Stage over multiple pipelines per month over a 1 year period. How do I do this ( I have 5 pipelines, with the same deal stages and the deal stage I want to monitor is ''Quotation sent''. ) I can't create a report showing  the time-value ''Entered Deal Stage Quotation Sent'' for all pipelines combined per month. I can only see it per pipeline....how can I combine them?

I thank you in advance

/Joost

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JvanBeeck,

Sure, happy to help!

1. First, you would create a custom deal date property Entered quotation send stage date. In the workflow, you would enroll deals when Deal stage is any of Quotation sent in Pipeline 1, Quotation sent in Pipeline 2, Quotation sent in Pipeline 3, Quotation sent in Pipeline 4, or Quotation sent in Pipeline 5. You would then use the Set property value action in the workflow to set the value of the property created above to the date of the step.
  2. Perfect.
  3. If they're already set up like this, unfortunately, moving to a one-pipeline-system means, that you'll lose information on the entered stage data that HubSpot maintains automatically. HubSpot doesn't like deals moving between stages. The downsides of sticking to existing system are mainly reporting related but with the explanation of step 1, you should be all set going forward.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
CaseyWeiss
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler,

Could you elaborate on #2? I have this same issue and would like to apply the dates retroactively. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JvanBeeck,

Out of the box, this is unfortunately not possible.

Going forward, you could set up a workflow that sets a date stamp into a custom property for a deal stage. This workflow would enroll deals when they enter the stage in any of the pipelines. That way, you would consolidate this date across all pipelines within one property. Let me know if you need guidance in setting up such a workflow and I'll provide details.

Retroactively, you would have to export deal entered stage date data and re-import into this new custom date property so that it becomes available historically. Happy to elaborate on this step if you want to.

Generally however, there shouldn't be five separate pipelines if they have identical stages. If there are, it would be better to label deals in a custom property to filter one pipeline by various labels. Pipelines are generally meant for sales process that have different stages.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JvanBeeck
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

Thanks for your swift response.

1.   Could you elaborate on how I set up the solution with a workflow setting a date stamp into a custom property?
  2.  No need for retroactive overviews just yet, I’ll keep it in mind though
  3.  I created 5 pipelines with the same Deal Stages since I have 5 Sales Teams in 5 different geographical locations. Each Team has their own pipeline and Goals & Forecasts are related to these pipelines. I agree we could have done this smarter, but I inherited a chaotic set up when I started in November and this was the easiest way to start a ‘’clean up’’. Now I can see that we could have done with 1 pipeline and then filter by Team. If I choose to do so, what would be the best way forward and what implications do I need to take care of?

/Joost

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JvanBeeck,

Sure, happy to help!

1. First, you would create a custom deal date property Entered quotation send stage date. In the workflow, you would enroll deals when Deal stage is any of Quotation sent in Pipeline 1, Quotation sent in Pipeline 2, Quotation sent in Pipeline 3, Quotation sent in Pipeline 4, or Quotation sent in Pipeline 5. You would then use the Set property value action in the workflow to set the value of the property created above to the date of the step.
  2. Perfect.
  3. If they're already set up like this, unfortunately, moving to a one-pipeline-system means, that you'll lose information on the entered stage data that HubSpot maintains automatically. HubSpot doesn't like deals moving between stages. The downsides of sticking to existing system are mainly reporting related but with the explanation of step 1, you should be all set going forward.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler