Dashboards & Reporting

TLambert

Closed Per Month vs. Rolling 30 Days

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a question about two hubspot reports, I think I am being daft but would appreciate knowing the reason.

We have historically measured bookings per month (so Deals entering Closed Won & Job Number Created, both have probability of 1) as shown in the first screenshot. This is supposed to be Deals entering those stages in each month, regardless of when they were created.

I am trying to move away from this and to look at a Rolling 30 Day Bookings number. So that is deals entering either of the aforementioned stages in the last 30 days. The idea is to give us a bit more a live feel, not just waiting for each month to end before we can compare. This is shown in the second screenshot.

My question is this and I’ve noticed this for a while, it is March 31st today and the ‘Closed Revenue by Month’ is £292,407. Yet the Rolling 30 Day bookings if you add up the 3 columns is at £304,829. It does not make sense to me.

I would be very grateful if someone could please help me figure this out?

Thanks,

Tim

TLambert_0-1680256967814.png

TLambert_1-1680256967818.png

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @TLambert, thanks for reaching out!

HubSpot deal reporting can get a little tricky depending on which date property you're using.

In the first screenshot, you're using "Close date" as the date property, but you're using "Entered Stage Date - Job Number Created" in the second screenshot. That's probably why you're seeing a discrepancy in the data.

"Close date" is typically a property that's set manually. Unless you have a workflow in place to automatically set "Close date" to the current date once a deal moves into a closed stage (or the reps are manually updating it to the current date), this property won't be the most reliable for tracking closed deals.

The "Entered Stage Date" properties are autoamtically set by HubSpot as soon as the deal enters that respective stage, so these are usually the properties that I'll use if I'm trying to pull in closed deals within a specific timeframe.

It doesn't matter which property you decide to use as long as you're consistent and have a solid process for keeping your data accurate!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @TLambert, thanks for reaching out!

HubSpot deal reporting can get a little tricky depending on which date property you're using.

In the first screenshot, you're using "Close date" as the date property, but you're using "Entered Stage Date - Job Number Created" in the second screenshot. That's probably why you're seeing a discrepancy in the data.

"Close date" is typically a property that's set manually. Unless you have a workflow in place to automatically set "Close date" to the current date once a deal moves into a closed stage (or the reps are manually updating it to the current date), this property won't be the most reliable for tracking closed deals.

The "Entered Stage Date" properties are autoamtically set by HubSpot as soon as the deal enters that respective stage, so these are usually the properties that I'll use if I'm trying to pull in closed deals within a specific timeframe.

It doesn't matter which property you decide to use as long as you're consistent and have a solid process for keeping your data accurate!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes