SSkydsgaard
Participante

Clean up list of dashboards

resolver

It would be nice to get this information in our dashboard list:

• how many times it has been viewed
  • when the last view was
  • Who is the owner/creator

We have soooooo many dashboards, that it would be nice to just delete the ones not used, but now you don't know if anyone is using it or not. 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @SSkydsgaard,

This is currently not possible but you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. Submissions to that part of the forum are monitored by the product team and evaluated based on popularity.

I'm also regularly cleaning up dashboards and want to share how I currently approach this. Under Menu > Reports > Reports, you'll see when these reports were created and who created them. If the person left the company or if the reports are very old, chances are they're not correct anymore and can be deleted. Of course, you'd have to check with the team.

Additionally, some dashboards will include many reports with an old time frame (e.g. showing data from 2020), this also tells you it's not in use anymore.

Lastly, user tend to play around with the default dashboards. E.g. the "Lead Generation" dashboard with 8 standard reports. At some point, you'll learn to spot these, especially if multiple users have created such dashboards. There isn't any harm here in deleting the duplicates as they're all the same.

Hope this helps for the interim!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @SSkydsgaard,

This is currently not possible but you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. Submissions to that part of the forum are monitored by the product team and evaluated based on popularity.

I'm also regularly cleaning up dashboards and want to share how I currently approach this. Under Menu > Reports > Reports, you'll see when these reports were created and who created them. If the person left the company or if the reports are very old, chances are they're not correct anymore and can be deleted. Of course, you'd have to check with the team.

Additionally, some dashboards will include many reports with an old time frame (e.g. showing data from 2020), this also tells you it's not in use anymore.

Lastly, user tend to play around with the default dashboards. E.g. the "Lead Generation" dashboard with 8 standard reports. At some point, you'll learn to spot these, especially if multiple users have created such dashboards. There isn't any harm here in deleting the duplicates as they're all the same.

Hope this helps for the interim!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BPokorny
Membro

resolver

What will happen to those using the now deleted dashboard?  Will they be prompted to select a new one, will they recive an error? 

0 Avaliação positiva
SSkydsgaard
Participante

resolver
Thanks a lot for taking the time to help – I will look into the things you mention 😊