Dashboards & Reporting

SteveMatlick
Contributor

Change to report exporting?

SOLVE

Has there been a recent change to how reports are exporting?  Previously the data export would be based on the column order on the Data tab but I tried exporting long-standing custom reports we use for weekly offline reporting and the export is using the column order from the Visualization tab.   This is also causing columns that were not even added to the report by me to now appear in the export (e.g. in a Deals report the Pipeline property is now exporting but was never a part of this report.

I went back and compared this morning's export to earlier exports in December and January and they are different.   Does anyone know if this is an unintentional change or if it's by design?   

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @chrisheldman and @SteveMatlick,

Thank you for reaching out about this! This change has been rolled back and the issues you were experiencing should no longer be occurring. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing these issues.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
theotherjz
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I'm still experiencing this with reporting. If I move the order of the columns on the "Configure Report" tab, the export doesn't reflect that column order in Excel.

chrisheldman
Participant

SOLVE

Yes we found the same problem this morning with no solutions on the web. This means we have to entirely regenerate the pivot table reports that we use for Sales and pipeline management. 

But if we do this how do we know it will not be arbitrality changed again???

Very frustrating!!!!!

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @chrisheldman and @SteveMatlick,

Thank you for reaching out about this! This change has been rolled back and the issues you were experiencing should no longer be occurring. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing these issues.

Thank you,
Jenny

DDelaney3
Participant

SOLVE

We are new to the Professional Sales service level and I have a custom report that I export to Excel. When I arrange the properties in the left panel (that says Display at the top), I can see the order in the Visualization tab on the right. BUT, when I export to Excel, they are all in different places. I am having to manually cut/paste columns - opening up tons of margin for human error in reporting. Is there a way to fix that?

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DDelaney3, I hope that you are well!

Sorry for the delay in the response.

I checked for you and at the moment this is not possible.

I’ve noticed a similar idea already present in our Ideas Forum: Export a list of contacts, while maintaining the order of properties.

To contribute, you can upvote the existing idea and share more details about your specific use case in the comments.

Thank you and have a beautiful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
DDelaney3
Participant

SOLVE
I replied to the user request you suggested.
I will also share my workaround with you.

If you look at the Data tab in the report and make sure the properties are in the desired order in that view, it will export as desired. Do not look at the Visualization tab unless your audience will view it online, inside a HubSpot dashboard.
0 Upvotes
SteveMatlick
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @jennysowyrda !  I can confirm that this is working as it was previously.

0 Upvotes