Dashboards & Reporting

geoffs
Miembro

Change Default Sales Dashboard

resolver

How do we set what default Sales Dashboard people see when they log into HubSpot? Right now it shows a HubSpot Sales Dashboard to everyone. I know I can customize that dashboard, but I have several teams within the company that I want to show a different default sales dashboard to. Right now everyone sees the same thing, which is less valuable to them. The fix is they all have to manually navigate to the individual team dashboards, but that's not user friendly.

Note: We're a paid user of Marketing, Sales, and CRM. We have the Reporting Add-on and have 40+ Sales Pro Licenses. Basically, we have everything you offer.

1 Soluciones aceptada
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @gmarkey,

You can now set default dashboards by following the steps outlined here.

Thanks,

Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
18 Respuestas 18
ErinStJ
Participante

resolver

We are experiencing the same issues. I see this is marked as "Solved," however it does not actually seem to be solved. There are ample workarounds, but it only makes sense that if we can choose our default views for other pages that we could do this for the opening page.

At least being able to choose a default for every user would be nice, right now it seems we default to Marketing Dashboard (although we have 1 marketing user and 8 sales users). Being able to pick the Sales Dash as default would be acceptable for now.

We really wish to give each user the option to choose their individual default dashboard. 

Please continue to work on this HubSpot. It does not seem to be "Solved!"

Yazz
Colaborador líder

resolver

Hey Erin,

You may want to utilize the new "My Home" view. It defaults to that view at the moment. I honestly found it much easier to just create a Dashboard that I like either in the "My Home" view or wherever else and save it as a favorite. That way when I log in, it's always there.

I do agree with you, HubSpot should let the user mark a Dashboard as 'default' but up until then. I'd say play with the workarounds.

0 Me gusta
kcooper
Colaborador líder

resolver

It used to default to the My Home dashboard, but as of the UI change, it now defaults to the Marketing Dashboard.

0 Me gusta
Joesales
Participante

resolver

This was a very bad change to the UI. You should address this immediately. 

I now have lost total control over what my exec team and sales team sees - they are defaulting to a marketing dashboard that has no relevance to the part of the business I manage. As a result, I'm losing buy-in among the team that Hubspot is the right tool. 

Hubspot: You should gather more user feedback before making these huge changes! And at least some of those should come from the sales side - not marketing side. 

Frank
Participante

resolver

Just silly that this is not possible ... the whole point of HubSpot is that you can have different teams engaging with the data in different ways, yet everyone is subject to the same view of the data as a default view.

It's also nutty that when I change the columns shown in a list or a deal filter, my changes show up on another user's view of a list or deal filter. That these interactions are shown on an account-based level and not a user-based, customizable level is a huge mistake. Please fix it, thanks HubSpot!!

NCO
Colaborador líder

resolver

Spot on @Frank.. this is a must fix for Hubspot. Have we made any progress here?

dave_heywood88
Participante

resolver

I currently have a large community of consultants using the sales tools and have updated access to enable them to connect a LinkedIn profile. However this has now changed the default view to 'marketing', asking them all to change their bookmarks isn't going to be a quick solution, I expect lots of 'HubSpot isn't working' calls and emails over the next few weeks...

0 Me gusta
mboyce
Participante

resolver

Since the last note is from July, has there been any progress made? I have a client that created a custom dashboard that she'd like to see every time she logs into HubSpot...  Let me know if there's a solution yet. Thanks, Marion

Yazz
Colaborador líder

resolver

@geoffs@edjusten

I found a workaround in case this applies:

1. Bookmark the page to your browser as a Favorite (while on the custom Dashboard)

Next time you click on that bookmark, it will take you straight to your Dashboard.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @geoffs  At this time it is not possible to show a different default Dashboard to specific users. It's a gret idea though. Can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Netsec144
Participante

resolver

I have to switch to "clients" or "tasks" or "deals" depending on where I need to be working each week.  It is a shame that Hubspot doesn't just remember the last URL location when we log off for the day.  That would be my suggestion.  Also, if I wasn't forced to go to the Hubspot Sales Dashboard, I probably wouldn't ever start there.  Being able to pick a more useful place to start would certainly be nice to have.

0 Me gusta
kcooper
Colaborador líder

resolver

Netsec144 - Take a look at Toby. It is a chrome plugin that works like a visual bookmarks bar - but on crack. I use it to launch me into all of the tabs I need...for example, my "Good Morning" set launches my email, calendar, a particular reporting spreadsheet, and the Deals view of HubSpot. 

This won't fix HubSpot's inability to remember the last URL location but will allow you to work smarter within the confines of what is possible.

For picking a more useful place to start, see the accepted solution on this post - it walks you through how to set your default dashboard so you don't have to go to the HubSpot Sales Dashboard if you would rather see a different one!

0 Me gusta
gmarkey
Participante | Partner nivel Elite
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Its been over a year since this post. Has the functionality changed?

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda
Solución

resolver

Hi @gmarkey,

You can now set default dashboards by following the steps outlined here.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Me gusta
cursu
Colaborador

resolver

Hi Jenny,

this assumes each user will go and change the dashboard. It would be nice that the Admin would have the authorithy to set a company default dashboard. if user want to chnage it after it's fine. Our users are not very tech savvy

geoffs
Miembro

resolver

Yes!

0 Me gusta
Joesales
Participante

resolver

Just want to be clear that this is not resolved.

TashaDalB
Colaborador

resolver

This is a great idea - more upvotes!