Dashboards & Reporting

JKelly311
参加者

Can I set up a custom report tracking email forwards?

解決

We see a ton of opens on our emails (yay!) but the response rate varies among seniorities. We find that class A seniorities have the highest open rates but the lowest response rates while vice versa for B or C class seniorities. 

The hypothesis is that class A seniorities are forwarding our emails to B and C level decision makers and delegating communication to them.

In an ideal report I'd be able to track:

• how many times an email was forwarded
  • what company forwarded the emails
  • % Forwarded (to compare to % opened)

It would be great to get some context of who the emails are being forwarded to but that gets into some murky privacy ethics!

Hoping this isn't just a pipe dream but based on the blogs and posts I've read so far I haven't been able to piece together a solution.

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @JKelly311,

You're correct, HubSpot associates all interactions with an email to it's original recipient.

The only workaround that I can currently think of would be custom mailto links. You could add these links to a CTA that say "Forward this email to a friend". In the body of the mailto link, you would add a custom HubSpot tracking URL. Then you'd be able to at least quantify the traffic to your pages coming from forwarded emails.

The level of detail in these tracking links would be up to you. If you suspect a certain contact or company to forward emails, you could could create a tracking link specifically for them.

(You could never be sure that recipients will actually use the mailto link instead of their email client's built-in forward function.)

There is a suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community to develop email forwarding tracking: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Track-email-forwards/idi-p/338093 I'd recommed commenting with your use case and upvoting the post. The product team reviews these suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @JKelly311,

You're correct, HubSpot associates all interactions with an email to it's original recipient.

The only workaround that I can currently think of would be custom mailto links. You could add these links to a CTA that say "Forward this email to a friend". In the body of the mailto link, you would add a custom HubSpot tracking URL. Then you'd be able to at least quantify the traffic to your pages coming from forwarded emails.

The level of detail in these tracking links would be up to you. If you suspect a certain contact or company to forward emails, you could could create a tracking link specifically for them.

(You could never be sure that recipients will actually use the mailto link instead of their email client's built-in forward function.)

There is a suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community to develop email forwarding tracking: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Track-email-forwards/idi-p/338093 I'd recommed commenting with your use case and upvoting the post. The product team reviews these suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JKelly311
参加者

解決

Thank you! This is very helpful.

I'm going to bring this idea to my team to workshop and plan to update the status of this thread later with follow up notes. If it works out I'll be sure to accept this as a solution so others can try it out too!

0 いいね!