Dashboards & Reporting

Jepinnie
Participant

Can I create a report to find out the location of my contacts?

SOLVE

I'd like to be able to find out the geographical location of my contacts. Is there anyway of find this out on Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jepinnie 

The answer to this depends on what information you have on your contacts which is probably a product of how they were input into the system. 

Assuming you contacts come from form submissions (and you didn't ask for Country as a field) you automatically have an IP Country property for each one that can be used to generate a report. It's not 100% accurate, but its pretty good if you have nothing else. 

If you did ask for Country on your forms, use that instead of course. 

If you input your  contacts into the system, reporting is dependant on you having import country data along with them. 

Here's an example HubSpot report based on IP Country:

Report Builder   HubSpot (1).png

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jepinnie 

The answer to this depends on what information you have on your contacts which is probably a product of how they were input into the system. 

Assuming you contacts come from form submissions (and you didn't ask for Country as a field) you automatically have an IP Country property for each one that can be used to generate a report. It's not 100% accurate, but its pretty good if you have nothing else. 

If you did ask for Country on your forms, use that instead of course. 

If you input your  contacts into the system, reporting is dependant on you having import country data along with them. 

Here's an example HubSpot report based on IP Country:

Report Builder   HubSpot (1).png

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency