Dashboards & Reporting

solyons

Calculating number of Days until Close Date

SOLVE

Hello! I would like to build a report that calculates the number of days left until the close date. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted solution
louischausse
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Unfortunately, I don't think that this is something possible directly in HubSpot because there is no such thing as a "Days left until the close date" property in HubSpot and Custom reports relies on properties, but here are somethings that you could try to create that property.

1- If you know how to code, that would be easy to achieve what you want by creating and updating a "Days left until the close date" deal property using HubSpot APIs:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/deals/update_deal

2- If you don't know how to code, a workaround could be to create "Days left until the close date" contact property and use a "date-centred contact workflow" to update your "Days left until the close date" deal property

Do not hesitate to ask questions about either suggestion.

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
louischausse

SOLVE
Hi @solyons

Do you have the reporting add-on?

What sales hub do you have?

This information would help me to taylor a personalized solution to your question

Best
solyons

SOLVE

hello! we don't currently have any add ons, and we have enterprise 

0 Upvotes
louischausse
Solution

SOLVE

Unfortunately, I don't think that this is something possible directly in HubSpot because there is no such thing as a "Days left until the close date" property in HubSpot and Custom reports relies on properties, but here are somethings that you could try to create that property.

1- If you know how to code, that would be easy to achieve what you want by creating and updating a "Days left until the close date" deal property using HubSpot APIs:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/deals/update_deal

2- If you don't know how to code, a workaround could be to create "Days left until the close date" contact property and use a "date-centred contact workflow" to update your "Days left until the close date" deal property

Do not hesitate to ask questions about either suggestion.

0 Upvotes
cedaly
Contributor

SOLVE

I guess I am a simpleton here but are you telling me that HubSpot does not have the ability to calcuate differentials in dates and/or add something like Close Date - Now() = Number of Days to Close?  I did notice that when I was trying to filter on Contacts using "contains exactly" and I put in 3 characters that are in a piece of text in the column, the result was null.  Seems like "like" would be appropriate to have in the filters and calculations.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @solyons,

I wanted to share a few resources from HubSpot to assist in building this type of report. 

Sales reporting in HubSpot

Default sales dashboard reports

@louischausse and @johnelmer do you have any suggestions for @solyons?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Sam_Williams

SOLVE

Hi @solyons 

Your use case seems to be very closely related to sales forecasting to me. At our organisation, we have been using one of the app which integrates with HS. Since we are able to forecast the sales, I believe forecasting the number of days for a deal closure should not be an issue. Sprinkle Data has a machine learning algorithm which empowers the frecasting feature for the tool.

Cheers

Sam

0 Upvotes