Dashboards & Reporting

HWilliams4
Contributor

Calculating a Total Amount field for Deals and weighting this amount in Reports

SOLVE

We have two revenue streams attached to each of our deals and would like to combine these two figures in the "Amount" field. I'm aware that Amount is a pre-set field and can't be made into a calculation, so I have created a custom field called "Total Amount" that combines these two revenue figures in each deal instead. 

However, when trying to report on this Total Amount figure, we aren't able to use Hubspot's "Deal Stage Weighted Amount" function as this is automateically calculated and is fixed to calculating the pipeline weight on the Amount in Company Currency.

Is there any way to produce our Deal reports using the deal stage weighting and using this new Total Amount figure instead of Amount in Company Currency?

2 Accepted solutions
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@HWilliams4  To clarify, are you looking to leverage the calculations of the weighted deal stage on your custom created property Total Amount?"

If so, that is not possible. But you could create a workflow that instead copies the Total Amount field back to the Default Amount field which would allow you to rely on the native Weighted Deal Stage amount.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

Try this workflow layout:

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 11.52.38 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@HWilliams4  I would try that and see if it solves. Feel free to mark this post as an accepted solution if your question was answered. Happy Hubspotting!

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@HWilliams4  To clarify, are you looking to leverage the calculations of the weighted deal stage on your custom created property Total Amount?"

If so, that is not possible. But you could create a workflow that instead copies the Total Amount field back to the Default Amount field which would allow you to rely on the native Weighted Deal Stage amount.

HWilliams4
Contributor

SOLVE

Trying to find a solution using workflows but can't see how to set the Amount to a calculated figure - I'm only seeing the option to set it to a static number that you input in the workflow, rather than a combined number from the 2 revenue figures.

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

Try this workflow layout:

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 11.52.38 AM.png

HWilliams4
Contributor

SOLVE

Legend, thank you. I wasn't using the copy property value function. 

HWilliams4
Contributor

SOLVE

That's exactly what I'm after and thought that would be the case. Hadn't looked at trying to solve it with workflows, will give it a go.