Dashboards & Reporting

LWiart
Participant

Calculate a value based on 2 other values in a table report

SOLVE

Dear community,

I need your help about a table report:

- 1st column: Close date - monthly

- 2nd column: Amount in company currency (sum)

- 3rd column: Count of line items (to know how many total items were sold)

I'd like to add a last column with the average amount per item, ie. 2nd column/3rd column.

But :

- I don't see any way to add a "calculated value" in the table allowing to perform a simple operation such as dividing on items in the table.

- I tried to create a calculated property, but it doesn't allow to calculate on values from 2 different objects, it seems.

I'm really surprised HubSpot reporting doesn't allow to perform a simple calculation on 2 values in an table: if it's lacking, it's very disappointing.
But it's probably because I don't know where to find this in the report builder (I hope)...

Even more so because I subscribed to Sales Hub Pro in order to create this kind of reports on several objects. So, it is VERY disappointing to not have such a basic functionality.

Thanks for your help

Laurent

PS: sorry if a similar question was asked previously, I didn't find any when I did my search.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LWiart,

Columns with formulas are a Operations Hub Enterprise feature, inside of datasets: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-and-use-datasets – besides that I'm not aware of any features in the custom report builder which could accomplish this, unfortunately.

Sometimes, you can work around this limitation in the custom report builder by creating calculated properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

(In your case, however, you're not creating a formula for two fields on the same object so that won't work.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
NMPohl
Contributor

SOLVE

@LWiart I am running into the exact same issue in a report I am trying to build, and am equally as frustrated that you would need Operations Enterprise to make such a simple function happen.

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LWiart and @NMPohl,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding this.

I'd like to thank you for sharing your valuable feedback! This means a lot to us.
I have shared it internally to bring more visibility to it.

Thanks @karstenkoehler for your great help, as always!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. I'll be delighted to do so!

Have a good day.

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
LWiart
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, very much appreciated 🙂

And thanks for the pointer to datasets in Operation Hub Enterprise (you are right, not possible with calculated properties un this case with 2 different objects).

In this specific case, I am pretty disappointed by HubSpot for not having a simple solution for such a trivial task since one has to: 

1- Subscribe to "yet another enterprise hub"

2- Create a dataset to gather data and calculate

Just to perform a basic divide operation on 2 values.

I feel like using the API to export data and use Notion, Airtable, Google Sheets or a good old Excel 😉

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LWiart,

Columns with formulas are a Operations Hub Enterprise feature, inside of datasets: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-and-use-datasets – besides that I'm not aware of any features in the custom report builder which could accomplish this, unfortunately.

Sometimes, you can work around this limitation in the custom report builder by creating calculated properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

(In your case, however, you're not creating a formula for two fields on the same object so that won't work.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.