Dashboards & Reporting

LPhillips

Building a report that shows # of Meetings Held in a time frame

SOLVE

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help! We are building a new lead generation team and we are using Sales Professional.  I'm new to Hubspot, so bear with me as I'm learning;-) I need to be able to track how many meetings are held for each member of the lead gen team for KPI and commission purposes.  I'm struggling to create a report that will show me this.  Here is what I've tried:

• No ability to build a report that shows me a Lead Status stage of "meeting held" for a certain time frame.
  • I tried building a "deals" report based on when deals entered certain stages, but it would only work for one stage at a time, which would mean I would have to have multiple reports, and there was also no way to break it down by deal owner (it was a deals only report).
  • I tried building a "deals and contacts" report, but it won't let you filter by when deals enter certain stages.
  • I thought about building a deals report based on when a meeting is logged, but that doesn't seem to be possible either.

FYI, we are not using the meetings tool to set these meetings because they are set for a third party. . .not the lead gen rep.  They also don't integrate with Microsoft Teams video calls.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could report on meetings held in a specified time period?  Thanks so much!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LPhillips,

It sounds like you're using a custom property to keep track of meetings, with the value "Meeting held"? In that case, you would also have to maintain a custom date property along with it. HubSpot doesn't provide the information when this "Meeting held" value was set to the reporting tool.

The easiest way to get this date information is via a workflow that enrolls the record when the properties value is "Meeting held". It then sets the value of the custom date property to the date of the step – a time stamp. With the time stamp, you could then create a custom report easily.

If you don't have workflows (limited to Professional or Enterprise), the sales person would have to maintain this property and set the date manually. (Annoying, I know, but it could be facilitated by putting both properties into the record sidebar.)

If you don't have a Professional or Enterprise subscription and the manual maintenance is not an option, you would have update the date properties in bulk on a, let's say, monthly basis. In that case, you would have to manually export the history of your meeting property first, the process is part of the explanation here. This gives you access to the date when the property value was changed. You would then import that date into your custom property. (Yes, why wouldn't HubSpot just make this date available within the tool easily. We'll never know.)

Let me know if I should elaborate on one of these options!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice, @LPhillips! Let me know how you get on, happy to provide additional help in this thread.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LPhillips,

It sounds like you're using a custom property to keep track of meetings, with the value "Meeting held"? In that case, you would also have to maintain a custom date property along with it. HubSpot doesn't provide the information when this "Meeting held" value was set to the reporting tool.

The easiest way to get this date information is via a workflow that enrolls the record when the properties value is "Meeting held". It then sets the value of the custom date property to the date of the step – a time stamp. With the time stamp, you could then create a custom report easily.

If you don't have workflows (limited to Professional or Enterprise), the sales person would have to maintain this property and set the date manually. (Annoying, I know, but it could be facilitated by putting both properties into the record sidebar.)

If you don't have a Professional or Enterprise subscription and the manual maintenance is not an option, you would have update the date properties in bulk on a, let's say, monthly basis. In that case, you would have to manually export the history of your meeting property first, the process is part of the explanation here. This gives you access to the date when the property value was changed. You would then import that date into your custom property. (Yes, why wouldn't HubSpot just make this date available within the tool easily. We'll never know.)

Let me know if I should elaborate on one of these options!

Karsten Köhler

LPhillips

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten!  We do have Professional with workflows!  I've built few workflows, so I will try my hand at setting this one up.   I'm sure the Hubspot support team can assist if I need help. . .they have been great so far!

Thanks,

Lindsay

0 Upvotes