Dashboards & Reporting

Sandra_E
Participant

Build deal reports using "Assigned Companies"

SOLVE

I'm trying to build a report which show unclosed deals of a company and all it's assigned sub-companies.
Is there a way to build this? The advanced report builder only seems to be able to use the filter "assigned contacts" and not "assigned companies".

The background of the report: we want our accounting to see all deals related to a companie and its subcompanies AUTOMATICALLY. At the moment, we use the filter "Assigned Company" of the deal and choose the companies by hand. This takes a lot of work and means that our key accounting always has to update every report on a dashboard as soon as we're working with a new subcompany.

Does anybody have an idea?

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag-in @natsumimori

Hi @Sandra_E! I've spoken with one of my colleagues and here's what we think: 

First, a question. Do you have custom objects separating your companies and sub-companies? It sounds like that’s likely what you'd have set up in order to have this parent/child relationship.

Then, a recommendation: Create a yes/no/unknown custom property on the parent company record and run a workflow that will search for any open opportunities related to that parent company. If you have open opportunities, update the property field to be “yes.” From here you can build a summary custom report that will give you a list of all of those open opps.

Note: In the columns, you'll want to bring in any property that signifies which related subcompanies are correlated with those open deals.

I hope this helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
danmoyle

SOLVE

@Sandra_E if you add a parent or child company to an existing company record (comprehensive Knowledge Base article there), you should be able to use this for reporting, yes. 

Could you also use the Deals object to create a deal with one of the Related Companies connected, then run reports based on Deals? 

I'm going to tag my colleague @GeorgeBT here as he might have additional insight. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Sandra_E
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Dan,

again, thanks for your extensive help! Yes, this filter works for the reports themselves.

However the whole dashboard includes about 10 reports. And that is just on one dashboard. Some reports are used on several dashboards.

So everytime somebody adds a child company to the parent company, we'd have to update the filters on all reports individually and manually. And have to make sure the information that an child company was added gets throught to our controlling person. 
So I was wondern whether we can filter the reports as "all deals of parent comapny X and _all_ child companies related to company X". 
By this, we'd save lots of time and reduce the possibility of mistakes.

Best,

Sandra

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag-in @natsumimori

Hi @Sandra_E! I've spoken with one of my colleagues and here's what we think: 

First, a question. Do you have custom objects separating your companies and sub-companies? It sounds like that’s likely what you'd have set up in order to have this parent/child relationship.

Then, a recommendation: Create a yes/no/unknown custom property on the parent company record and run a workflow that will search for any open opportunities related to that parent company. If you have open opportunities, update the property field to be “yes.” From here you can build a summary custom report that will give you a list of all of those open opps.

Note: In the columns, you'll want to bring in any property that signifies which related subcompanies are correlated with those open deals.

I hope this helps! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Sandra_E
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Dan,

thanks for your answer. It sounds like your solution would work, but we do not want to set up an extra object. We'd want to use the "Related Companies" feature by Hubspot. It is not important for our reports which company is the parent or the child company; we only need to track that we made a deal with a related company.

Do you know a way to use this in-build Hubspot property?

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you Dan for your input!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Sandra_E , thank you for your post.

I wanted to tag in some top contributors here- @danmoyle and @KTownsend , would you mind sharing your advice for @Sandra_E ?

Sandra_E
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @natsumimori – thanks for the help!

0 Upvotes