Dashboards & Reporting

FRobla
Participant

Bucked Fields for Reports creation

SOLVE

Hey all!

It's Ferran and I'm facing a problem with the reports creation. I don't know if you have ever face the same problem, but we have a lot of Acquisition Form variables: Free Trial, LP - Free Trial, Partner Free Trial, and so on. 

When I have to create a report about all the Acquisition Forms that we had during the last year, I have to face with more than 50 values. To be honest, all those can be grouped in 4 main categories (Free Tiral, Demo Request, eBook, ...), so here I am. I can't find a solution for this problem. 

I tried Custom Report Builder (that is more advanced), but I can't find the option of "Bucked fields". Have you ever faced this problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks and cheers!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FRobla,

Thank you for the screenshot and the added context. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to group values in HubSpot reports. If you wanted to group acquisition form submissions, you'd have to create a custom property which keeps track of the different categories.

The easiest way to do that would be a contact-based workflow. If a contact has filled out ebook form 1, ebook form 2 etc., then append value "E-book acquisition form" to a multiple checkboxes property. Another workflow would do the same thing for demo forms, another for webinars etc.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
FRobla
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Karsten, thanks for your fast answer!

I'll give an example and see if I can express myselve better. The idea is not about Forms, my example would be with Acquisition Forms.

Look at the example below, we have a huge range of Acquisition Forms, but as you can see most of them can be grouped in one. For example, all the ones that has Ebook, they are all coming from different Ebooks, but I would group them all in a single field that would be eBook. Then I would do the same with the ones with Sellf and group them, and so on. The purpose will be having 4/5 main Acquisition Forms that would have been bucked.

FRobla_0-1615375314843.png

If you need a video with a clearer example, I would do it without problem!

Thanks in advanced!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FRobla,

Thank you for the screenshot and the added context. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to group values in HubSpot reports. If you wanted to group acquisition form submissions, you'd have to create a custom property which keeps track of the different categories.

The easiest way to do that would be a contact-based workflow. If a contact has filled out ebook form 1, ebook form 2 etc., then append value "E-book acquisition form" to a multiple checkboxes property. Another workflow would do the same thing for demo forms, another for webinars etc.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FRobla,

Please help me in understanding your request correctly: Are you looking for a solution that does not require you to manually add 50 different forms to a report filter?

There are two solutions to fix this:

Either all contacts who submitted this form have a common identifier, e.g. their Lifecycle stage but it could also be a custom property call Hand-raiser (since these people are raising their hand to talk to sales). This information would allow you to not have to filter each report by 50 different forms – but by a single property value.

Alternatively, some HubSpot users maintain a list that collects all active SQL/hand-raiser forms. You would have to maintain the list criteria of this master list (con), but you wouldn't have to filter each new report manually by 50 different forms (pro).

Unfortunately, there is no way to filter a HubSpot report or list by all forms whose form name contains a specific string. They have to be selected one by one.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes