Dashboards & Reporting

JAliber

Average Time of Deal in Stage

SOLVE

Hello,

I'd like to create a report that calculates the average time in stage of deals - regardless if they are alive or dead. I do not believe the default report that hubspot offers suffices my request. Also, it'd be great to vizualize this in a stacked horizontal bar chart - so that I can compare different BD reps against each other. It seems that the only current capability is to view this in Table view (numerically).

I attempted to create this report by creating custom calculations based on the date a deal enters a stage and moves to the next stage. However, this is limiting. A deal can move from 0 to 1 or it can move from 0 to 5 (dead). The report needs to be able to account for this and average the two lengths of time to create a true metric that is representative of the average time in stage.

Happy to chat about this through blog or offline. I work with Ginkgo Bioworks.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAliber,

You're correct, either won or lost. If that's not sufficient, I've laid out a custom workaround here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Calculating-the-time-spent-on-each-deal-stage/m-p/574681/highli...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAliber,

If you have access to reports in the Sales Hub, you should also have access to sales analytics. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Analytics and you should see Time spent in deal stage under the section Coach Reps & Teams (left sidebar). You can select the correct pipeline in the right sidebar.

No need for a manually created report.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JAliber

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

My understanding of this tool is that it only includes deals that are "won." It is not include deals that are closed b/c they are "dead." The data displayed seems to support this. Am I incorrect?

Josh

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAliber,

You're correct, either won or lost. If that's not sufficient, I've laid out a custom workaround here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Calculating-the-time-spent-on-each-deal-stage/m-p/574681/highli...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler