Dashboards & Reporting

jonnoprice1
Participante

Assign company to Customer Success but keep sales owner for reporting

resolver

Hi all,

Investigating a fix and would appreciate any advice / best practice tips.

We currently auto-assign company & contacts to the Customer Success Manager when a deal is closed won. However the result is that in the sales person's dashboard the company / contacts for the closed won deal are no longer included in the reporting. 

For example the Contact Lifecycle Funnel Report:

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 11.25.40.png

This no longer includes contacts from deals won as they are no longer assigned to the sales person. 

So the question is - how can you assign the contacts and company to a customer success team whilst retaining the reporting for the sales person?

Thanks in advance

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
ConnorSlivensky
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Elite

resolver

My first thought is to create a custom property so you would have a "Customer Service Owner" and a "Sales Owner" and use workflows to set the CS one once the deal is won. That would give you properties to run reports, without affecting your sales reps reports. 

Exibir solução no post original

ndwilliams3
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Are you skipping any lifecycle stages when changing the ownership? If the settings on the funnel are set to only include leads that go through all, that  might explain it.

On the report settings, either remove stages not being used or skipped or change to "any" stage. Lead, MQL, SQL, Opportunity, Customer, Evangelist, Other.

If that doesn't fix it, then i'm not sure what the cause would be. 

Instead of changing the owner, have you considered adding a new custom contact property that's a user field to add the CSR as a secondary owner? This way the sales rep also retains ownership.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
ConnorSlivensky
Solução

resolver

My first thought is to create a custom property so you would have a "Customer Service Owner" and a "Sales Owner" and use workflows to set the CS one once the deal is won. That would give you properties to run reports, without affecting your sales reps reports. 

jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @jonnoprice1,

Great question! I want to tag in a few of our subject matter experts to get their input on this matter! 

@DanielSanchez@Ben_M@ConnorSlivensky@ndwilliams3  do you have any thoughts or suggestions for @jonnoprice1?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
ndwilliams3
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Are you skipping any lifecycle stages when changing the ownership? If the settings on the funnel are set to only include leads that go through all, that  might explain it.

On the report settings, either remove stages not being used or skipped or change to "any" stage. Lead, MQL, SQL, Opportunity, Customer, Evangelist, Other.

If that doesn't fix it, then i'm not sure what the cause would be. 

Instead of changing the owner, have you considered adding a new custom contact property that's a user field to add the CSR as a secondary owner? This way the sales rep also retains ownership.