Dashboards & Reporting

ehulstein
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Apply Dashboard Filters to Custom Reports

SOLVE

Dashboard-level filters don't override report-level filters for reports built in the custom builder, which results in a significant increase in the number of "duplicate" reports required to meet the needs of different teams, provide visibility into different timeframes, etc. In order for dashboard filters to provide the value they're intended to provide, they need to apply to reports built using the custom builder.

Additional context on the current limitations of dashboard filters can be found in the callout text (in the yellow box), here

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ehulstein,

There is already a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community for this: Dashboard cannot use date filter when using cross-reporting across contacts and companies

As of now it already has 229 upvotes (including mine) and 78 comments. The product team reviews these requests based on their demand/popularity but only if they are posted in the HubSpot Ideas section (not here as a regular thread). I'd recommend adding your perspective as a comment under the link above.

Additionally, there is a second request here: Allow Dashboard Filters to Override Custom Reports

If you want to make it easier for others to find this request more easily, you can help them by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Thrive
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I agree, this would help so many accounts using custom reports...

0 Upvotes
LAdam
Participant

SOLVE

@ehulstein 

With  Actiondesk you can send your Hubspot data live to a spreadsheet (it works just like Google Sheets) and build the reports you’d like —> they’ll refresh automatically

We support many different data sources (like marketing Ads, databases...) allowing you to create more complete reports!

I can help you directly, DM me 😊

Best,

Louis

0 Upvotes
amywill01
Contributor

SOLVE
Yes! I want dashboards so that each sales team can see just their own information when filtered. Almost half of the reports won't allow it! It's frustrating.
0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @amywill01 hope you are doing well!

It is a great idea, please upvote here   this way it has more chances to be implemented in the future 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

amywill01
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank link didn't work, unfortunately. Can you share again?  

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Sure @amywill01 here is the idea  🙂

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

amywill01
Contributor

SOLVE

That worked thank you!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ehulstein,

There is already a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community for this: Dashboard cannot use date filter when using cross-reporting across contacts and companies

As of now it already has 229 upvotes (including mine) and 78 comments. The product team reviews these requests based on their demand/popularity but only if they are posted in the HubSpot Ideas section (not here as a regular thread). I'd recommend adding your perspective as a comment under the link above.

Additionally, there is a second request here: Allow Dashboard Filters to Override Custom Reports

If you want to make it easier for others to find this request more easily, you can help them by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.