Allow us to see what pages prospects are viewing

halpriest

I was very excited for all of the reporting features that HubSpot had to offer. A huge disappointment has been finding out that you cannot view what pages prospects are viewing. This is a roadblock for me to identify potential leads. For example, if a company views one of our staffing solutions pages multiple times they may be interested in learning more about that solution and may just be passive. However, we have no way of knowing what they are potentially interested in without knowing what they are viewing. 

Please make being able to see what specific pages prospects view a feature. 

8 Replies 8
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @halpriest 

This was a feature I used all the time... HubSpot removed it because of the issues around GDPR (General Data Protection Rules).

It's made the tool way less useful for us.

Mike

Loki
Contributor

Hi,

I was looking into this as well. Unfortunately, they've removed the functionality earlier last year. See explanation here. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/What-happened-to-Prospects/m-p/191731

This is based on:

• Low usage
  • Mixed user feedback  
  • Not fully GDPR Compliant

They should re-consider and make this functionality live again as it really is useful to know which content our prospects are interested in. 

RoyB
Contributor

I believe this is critical information that is required to be able to understand what a prospect is interested in. If you only have one service or one product it doesn't matter, but with multiple services and products t is critical to know what interests a propect has. I also do't understand why this is not in compliance with GDPR.

RoyB
Contributor

For a Company with only one service or product, Hubspot provides you an unfair advantage over companies with multiple products. I strongly encourage Hubspot to resolve this unfair advantage. In addition, it seriously detracts from the value that Hubspot offers.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @RoyB 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to share with you this article that explains the reason why this specific functionality of the Prospects Tool has been removed. However, I also want to share this idea that has been posted in our Ideas Forum regarding this. While we don't have plans to bring back the exact feature of showing pageviews in Prospects, I wanted you to know that it's not because we don't want to invest in Prospect-like functionality. You can find more information on how the product team is improving the tool by visiting the linked thread, and subscribing (Options > Subscribe) to the idea so you can get notified when some updates are posted. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RoyB
Contributor

I have not asked for information on the prospect. Just the Company and the pages they are viewing. This is not in contravention of the GDPR. My view is that Hubspot doesn't want to be bothered making the changes necessary. I can't emphasize enough the importance and value that this would have and needs to be escalated right to the most senior executives in Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @RoyB 

Thank you for your reply and apologies if I misunderstood your original question. 

I am sorry for the business impact it has caused, and I have reached out to the team regarding this.

I want to let you know that while we are not planning to bring back this exact feature, we are advising you to use our Account Overview functionality (you will need a Sales Pro subscription). With this, you will be able to see tracked page views from the associated contacts of the account. It includes all pages viewed by known visitors AND anonymous viewers associated with an account. 

Thank you

Have a good day

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

RoyB
Contributor

I agree. This feature is an absolute must. It has nothing to do with GDPR and can be instituted relatively easily. Put this feature back into the product HubSpot. In fact, I can arrange for It to be done for you relatively inexpensively and at cost if you are unable to do it. 

0 Upvotes