Dashboards & Reporting

Edyta7510
Guide

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Hi All, 

I would like to visualize some data (based on some custom properties I created) in a pie chart. One of my categories needs to be sliced further, like on this chart below (easy to do in ppt) . Is it possible to customize data display in this way? 

Thanks!!!

chart-example.png

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

This type of visualization is not possible in HubSpot, at least not with the neat connecting lines and not within one report. You would have to create two reports, arranged next to each other in a dashboard.

You'd first start create the report on the left. The report on the right would then show a subset of the data on the left, with report Filters reflecting "Recognized" and "Not recognized" (or "Deal stage is any of Closed won").

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

I just tested a few approaches but no luck. The challenge here is that there is no property type that would store both parts of the information (the total revenue and the recognized fraction). This would only be possible if each fraction of the recognized revenue was a deal of its own (which I know is not an option).

If the bar chart visualization is acceptable, that would be your best option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
akhan

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

These are the best content that you can see about helmets , Click Here  for more information.

0 Upvotes
Edyta7510
Guide

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Thanks a lot @karstenkoehler This is really helpful!

Will see that with my sales team.

Even though it's not the ideal solution, it's obviously a workaround!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

I just tested a few approaches but no luck. The challenge here is that there is no property type that would store both parts of the information (the total revenue and the recognized fraction). This would only be possible if each fraction of the recognized revenue was a deal of its own (which I know is not an option).

If the bar chart visualization is acceptable, that would be your best option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guide

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

This seems like a reasonable workaround. Thank you!

I've completed the first part (report on the left). 

I realized that the custom properties I created (recognized revenue + revenue remaining to be recognized) cannot be combined on a single pie chart (or not even on a stacked bar chart), simply because HubSpot doesn't recognize their respective "parts to whole" relationships. 

This graph below is showing 2 bars that should in fact be a pie chart showing split of recognized/non-recognized revenue for my Won stage. The total of these 2 equals in fact my forecast amount for this stage. Any thoughts? Thanks!

recognized.png

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Advanced pie chart

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

This type of visualization is not possible in HubSpot, at least not with the neat connecting lines and not within one report. You would have to create two reports, arranged next to each other in a dashboard.

You'd first start create the report on the left. The report on the right would then show a subset of the data on the left, with report Filters reflecting "Recognized" and "Not recognized" (or "Deal stage is any of Closed won").

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler