Dashboards & Reporting

krodkodille19
Participant

Advanced builder report shows duplicate data for deals

SOLVE

Hi,

I have built a custom report for all closed-won deals to export to excel for invoicing. It contains all information i need for reporting and invoicing. However, for certain deals i get the same deal listed several times. Currently i just export it and clean in excel, but I guess it is a functionality to filter only on Unique Deal IDs. 

I user certain filters, but I dont understand to use a filter that states it as only included Unique Deal IDs. Looking at something like "is not equal to"...anything else. Would be great to have a filter that just states "is unique". Any workarounds here or do I have to continue doing this in excel after exporting from Hubspot?

2 Accepted solutions
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @krodkodille19 

Does the Pivot Table functionality, grouping by deal help? this Should help if you need the information separated by line items. 

If you don't need the line items then removing the line items from your report and using just deal name and amount should help.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

View solution in original post

JJones509
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Fixed!! - The issue for me was the custom report was pulling from 3 objects, (Companies, Contacts and Deals) The issues seemed to be with Contacts, once I removed contacts then no duplicates showed up. I wasn't even using any of the Contact fields in my report but it must have been prioritzing something in contacts as the DeDupe check. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Probley
Contributor

SOLVE

This helped me solve my issue. In my case, I was creating a pivot of tickets by status, company, and contact, but was getting duplicate records with companies not associated to the ticket. This was because my primary data source was contact, not ticket. It brought in every company associated with contacts that had tickets, not just companies with tickets.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Probley,

Thank you for sharing how you solved this with the custom report builder! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Gessell
Contributor

SOLVE

I am having the exact same issue. 

NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @krodkodille19 

Does the Pivot Table functionality, grouping by deal help? this Should help if you need the information separated by line items. 

If you don't need the line items then removing the line items from your report and using just deal name and amount should help.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @krodkodille19 , do your deals have multiple line items? 

krodkodille19
Participant

SOLVE

Yes. Some have 2 or 3 Line items.

Still some deals appears once, others two or three times, and not because of more line items. So no logic there from what i can see. 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @krodkodille19,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'm not too familiar with custom reporting, but I'm hoping one of our experts can jump in here, perhaps?

Hi @NicoleSengers@Josh@Edyta7510, do you have any tips for @krodkodille19? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

JJones509
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue, in custom report, same deal id shows up with duplicates but it's random. Some deals are only in the report 1 time, others 2 times and some as many as 6 times and they are the exact same deal id. can't find a reason they are duplicating. 

0 Upvotes
JJones509
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Fixed!! - The issue for me was the custom report was pulling from 3 objects, (Companies, Contacts and Deals) The issues seemed to be with Contacts, once I removed contacts then no duplicates showed up. I wasn't even using any of the Contact fields in my report but it must have been prioritzing something in contacts as the DeDupe check. 

JonMoore
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for posting!  This was the exact solution to fix the duplicate records.

0 Upvotes
Gessell
Contributor

SOLVE

That's brilliant! I hadn't thought of making that change but it worked! Kudos! 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing this update with us, @JJones509!

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !