Dashboards & Reporting

fifibonbebe
Participant

Adding Monthly Invoices to a Company Record (Puppy Gif included)

SOLVE

PLEASE HELP! ADVICE NEEDED!  PUPPY GIF PROVIDED. 

I'm a little stuck and need some wonderful advice from my Hubspot crew to help match up actual monthly revenue against company records. I am looking into work arounds, but someone must have the same issue.

What doesn't work?

We offer a PAYG service as well as recurring fixed costs- which means that our "actual" monthly Recurring Deal Amounts can differ significantly each month, therefore the Hubspot Deal tool doesn't quite work for us, and we can't be adding a new deal every month.

We use Xero to invoice our customers currently. And every month these specific PAYG invoices are sent to each account. We looked into doing this with a Hubspot Xero integration but I've not found anything that would fit for the moment! (Super sad face).

So what do we need it to do, why are we so special?

What I am looking to do - is to upload our invoiced amounts via monthly import CSV and then view these in the reporting tool.

I was hoping to add the following fields:

Xero Unique ID: XXXXX

Invoice Amount: XXXX (GBP only)

Invoice Date: 

Expected Spend: (this would be the expected deal amount)

The end goal would be to review our revenue through hubspot reporting tool and monitor any dips and troughs in invoice amounts, it makes sense to have this information in HubSpot where we currently do our forecasting / scheduling.

Unfortunately this doesn't work in the way that I would hope.

PLEASE HALP! Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Rosco (after a HubSpot all-nighter)Rosco (after a HubSpot all-nighter)Hey puppy-gif-girl, have you considered using Zapier to pass that data to your HubSpot custom contact / company / deal properties? Xero has a robust integration with Zapier (as does HubSpot), so once those Xero elements are passed you can pretty much do with them as you please in HubSpot.

Regarding HubSpot revenue reporting ... a totally separate conversation.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
LMParker
Participant

SOLVE

6 years on... Did you find a good solution?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Great tips @MFrankJohnson!

I want to pull in some other Community experts to see if they have any suggestions for this situation: @coreysmith and @kcooper do you have any suggestions for @fifibonbebe?

Thanks,
Jenny

JamesG1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all,

Dragging this one back up from the depths.

I'd really appreciate some insights into how to go about associating xero invoicing information with company records.

As required by post etiquette;

puppy emerging GIF

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Rosco (after a HubSpot all-nighter)Rosco (after a HubSpot all-nighter)Hey puppy-gif-girl, have you considered using Zapier to pass that data to your HubSpot custom contact / company / deal properties? Xero has a robust integration with Zapier (as does HubSpot), so once those Xero elements are passed you can pretty much do with them as you please in HubSpot.

Regarding HubSpot revenue reporting ... a totally separate conversation.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
fifibonbebe
Participant

SOLVE

Excellent use of puppy GIF Frank - thank you!

When I was looking into this it looked like the Zapier integration trigger only offered this off a CONTACT property change rather than a COMPANY property change.

I will see if I can take another look...

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>When I was looking into this it looked like the Zapier integration trigger only offered this off a CONTACT property change rather than a COMPANY property change.

Ok, so maybe use a contact property associated with the target company as a sort of 'intermediate target' before ultimately storing the data in the company record.

Yes / No ?

Sometimes, not unlike puppies, we have to jump through a few hoops to get to our food. 😉

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes