Dashboards & Reporting

Arnunes
Participant

Activities tracking

SOLVE

We're having a hard time making it available for leaders to have visibility into the metrics in the structures below them

Currently we have a macro team, such as Team A, this team A has 3 other managers who take care of 3 other teams, for example:

Team A > Team aa > Team 1 / Team 2 / Team 3

Team A > Team ab > Team 1 / Team 2 / Team 3

Team A > Team ac > Team 1 / Team 2 / Team C

We want the manager of the Team aa to see the activity metrics of only the teams below him. This is working within the deal, as people can only see their own cases, however in the companies object we have visibility released for everyone and this is negatively impacting the reports, because managers are seeing it from all teams.

1 Accepted solution
HubSpot_Corey
Solution
Top Contributor

Activities tracking

SOLVE

Hi @Arnunes 

It seems there might be a mix-up between visibility settings and the use of ownership in your reports. The visibility level should not affect how team ownership works in reports. You also mention using "Is known" within your filter for HubSpot team members, which could unintentionally broaden your report's scope, as this is essentially saying all companies owned by anyone. Therefore, focusing on ownership  on the Team level as @Lucila-Andimol has suggested might provide the solution you're looking for.

To ensure your managers only see activity metrics for their hierarchical team

To Ensure Managers See Correct Activity Metrics:

• Utilize Ownership Filters: For the desired object (Deal, Company, or Activity), adjust your reports to filter by "HubSpot Team." Use "is any of" alongside selecting "My Team." This ensures the reports only include data owned by the specific team, maintaining alignment with your hierarchical structure.

• Activity Level Consideration: If your teams can log activities across various companies, consider applying the "HubSpot Team" filter at the activity level rather than the company level. This approach ensures activities are attributed correctly to the team performing them, rather than defaulting to the company owner.

This adjustment should help streamline your reports, ensuring they only display the data relevant to each manager's respective teams.

Hope this helps steer your reporting in the right direction!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Lucila-Andimol
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

Activities tracking

SOLVE

Hey @Arnunes 

if you have  Enterprise licences

you try building some datasets for the Team Managers

That way you can filter the data only pertinent to them

making it easier to create reports from that.

IF you have Pro or below

you can play with some filters to see only the companies with deals associated to any owner in their teams.

Hope this helps

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Arnunes
Participant

Activities tracking

SOLVE

Hey @Lucila-Andimol , thanks for your answer!

We have a enterprise licence, but i cannot find the 'Hubspot team' through dataset. Can you tell me how you thought?

Lucila-Andimol

Activities tracking

SOLVE

@Arnunes 

Once you 've selected the object and the properties for your dataset

look for the HubSpot Team property as a filter.

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Arnunes
Participant

Activities tracking

SOLVE

Sorry. I left the last answer confusingly. At the moment we are using the condition to identify if the HubSpot team is known to show the results of deals for the entire team structure. But in the company object we can't use this 'Hubspot team is known' conditional, because everyone can access the company object, so all managers see the result of all teams.

We also can't use the 'Hubspot team is the same as mine' because the AA manager is not part of the same team as team A. He is added in an extra team, but the reports do not identify this he is not part of the same team

0 Upvotes
HubSpot_Corey
Solution
Top Contributor

Activities tracking

SOLVE

Hi @Arnunes 

It seems there might be a mix-up between visibility settings and the use of ownership in your reports. The visibility level should not affect how team ownership works in reports. You also mention using "Is known" within your filter for HubSpot team members, which could unintentionally broaden your report's scope, as this is essentially saying all companies owned by anyone. Therefore, focusing on ownership  on the Team level as @Lucila-Andimol has suggested might provide the solution you're looking for.

To ensure your managers only see activity metrics for their hierarchical team

To Ensure Managers See Correct Activity Metrics:

• Utilize Ownership Filters: For the desired object (Deal, Company, or Activity), adjust your reports to filter by "HubSpot Team." Use "is any of" alongside selecting "My Team." This ensures the reports only include data owned by the specific team, maintaining alignment with your hierarchical structure.

• Activity Level Consideration: If your teams can log activities across various companies, consider applying the "HubSpot Team" filter at the activity level rather than the company level. This approach ensures activities are attributed correctly to the team performing them, rather than defaulting to the company owner.

This adjustment should help streamline your reports, ensuring they only display the data relevant to each manager's respective teams.

Hope this helps steer your reporting in the right direction!

0 Upvotes