Customer Feedback Tool

James-Preseem
Colaborador

Support Survey - exclusion / conditional send

resolver

We are attempting to implement a support survey for our technical support tickets.  Unfortunately I find myself contending with some limitations.

What I would like to do:

When a support ticket closes, I would like to send the contact a survey to ask them about their experience.  However, I would like to have some control over if and when the survey is sent, what the survey asks, and the flexibility to have different surveys based on different pipelines.

• I would like to have the ability to control the content of the question that is being asked with the support survey.
  • Different questions for different types of tickets/pipelines.
  • Suppress the sending of a survey based on some criteria other than whether it is in the specific pipeline
    • Based on a different close status
    • Based on a specific field being set or being blank
    • Based on something other than pipeline = x and status = (type=closed)

Unfortunately I cannot do these things due to the following limitations with the customer support survey.

• There can be only one....support survey that is.  There is no way to have more than one support survey, so the support survey has to be the same for all pipelines, ticket types, etc...sales, billing, support, etc...etc...
  • There is no way to change the content of the customer support survey ( I realize that a CSAT survey can be used....but that has its own limitations).
  • There is no way to differentiate one "Closed" status from another.  In theory, having a status called "Closed without survey" that would not send a the survey would make it possible, but there is no way to define a particular "closed" status for the survey. Any status that has the open/closed type = "Closed" is considered closed will trigger the sending of the survey.

CSAT Survey vs. Customer Support Survey:

Customer statisfaction survey provides more flexibility than the support survey in that you can have multiple CSAT Surveys.  However the CSAT survey is based on a list of recipients that is generated based on a query of many different selection criteria, but not based on the status of a specific ticket or events that affect specific tickets.  So CSAT gives me the ability to change somethings about the survey, but not trigger the survey based on an event for a specific ticket.

I am sure that I am not the only person using this product that has these challenges.  I am very interested in how you may have approached these limitations and if you found a way to work around them.

Thank you

James Roberts

1 Soluciones aceptada
Tom
Solución
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hi all! Thanks for tagging us in here. Sorry for the delay in response time. 

I'm going to bring up the automation and ticket specific requests with our team. Full transparency no this is not currently on our roadmap but I can definitely see how this is something that would be incredibly useful so I would like to start a conversation about it. 

Regarding the issue "There can be only one....support survey that is.  There is no way to have more than one support survey, so the support survey has to be the same for all pipelines, ticket types, etc...sales, billing, support, etc...etc..." 

This is something we're currently working on rolling out. We have a few other priorities at the moment which we need to focus on but we are hoping to have this available this year.  

Tagging in the current senior PM on feedback @SabariRam for more context here. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

10 Respuestas 10
Tom
Solución

resolver

Hi all! Thanks for tagging us in here. Sorry for the delay in response time. 

I'm going to bring up the automation and ticket specific requests with our team. Full transparency no this is not currently on our roadmap but I can definitely see how this is something that would be incredibly useful so I would like to start a conversation about it. 

Regarding the issue "There can be only one....support survey that is.  There is no way to have more than one support survey, so the support survey has to be the same for all pipelines, ticket types, etc...sales, billing, support, etc...etc..." 

This is something we're currently working on rolling out. We have a few other priorities at the moment which we need to focus on but we are hoping to have this available this year.  

Tagging in the current senior PM on feedback @SabariRam for more context here. 

bdermoum
Participante

resolver

Is there any news on this. This is incredibly limitating, we can't survey our customer because we need an exclusion list. Not all closed tickets need to receive a survey, it is almost imperative they don't receive it (auto messages for instance)

MrD
Participante

resolver

Not a fan of having to do this, but we a workaround. We created a new pipeline that doesn't have a survey associated with it. We'll move support tickets into this pipeline and then close them so they don't send out a survey. Conditional surveys would be very helpful. 

0 Me gusta
HubSpotMaster
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Thank you for the updates

0 Me gusta
HubSpotMaster

resolver

Support all of these use cases noted in the original post. 

@Tom are there any updates on these features on the roadmap?

0 Me gusta
ErikHanley
Participante

resolver

Hi,

Is there any plans to have a conditions management interface for surveys? If yes, is there a planned date to see those features?

Regards,

Erik

0 Me gusta
James-Preseem
Colaborador

resolver

The recent addition of the "Custom" Survey is a step in the right direction.  It does give more flexibility in customizing the details of the survey.   It still has the issue of being able to send it out based on a ticket event, but its a start.

As @MatthewBoyd  mentioned in an earlier post, having a workflow option for survey would be a gigantic help in this respect.  Another option would be to have the ability send a survey based on an active list rather than just a static list.  

In either case, the incremental steps taken so far are progress but they still fall short of being able to add some measure of control to when a CES survey is sent.  Which is simultaneously frustrating and disappointing.  Given the functionality available in workflows etc...this should be completely possible today.  I have no idea why it is not.

James

AFiederling
Participante

resolver

I totally agree with everyone here and I think it would really help to have more than just that one Customer Support Survey and also to "customize" the questions being asked. 

MatthewBoyd
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Hey @sharonlicari & @James-Preseem

If there was an "Enroll in Feedback Survey" function to a Ticket Based Workflows, this would allow us to leave the 'Recipients' field blank in the survey itself and create multiple different surveys that we could utilise with If/Then branches in a workflow OR multiple workflows for enrollments dependent on how many outcomes we really want. 

I know this is probably a pretty big change but I feel it would really help customise and more importantly, personalise the overall customer experience. 

Thoughts?

sharonlicari
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @James-Preseem 

Thank you for your information, I think this is great feedback, our Product Manager for Feedback here at HubSpot @Tom is working on understanding ways of improving reporting in feedback survey tools. Help us with your responses and we will get in touch with some of you to know more in detail based on your responses on the survey.

Survey Link

Being said that, I'll tag a few experts to see if they have found a different way to achieve this. 

Hey @Bryantworks @StefaniUAT @Josh  any thoughts you'd like to share with @James-Preseem

Thank you & Happy Friday!

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !