Customer Feedback Tool

GeoB

Reporting CES by Pipeline

SOLVE

I asked this question in help chat, and apparently, it is not possible because the response does not include the pipeline.

By creating four default CES surveys and selecting four different pipelines for each one, it would have allowed me to report on the different pipelines. 

So my question is, we have four pipelines. Support, Engineering, Sales, and Billing. We want to measure satisfaction for each of those pipelines. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jerdaine_digita
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE
I apologize for any confusion. It is possible to include a hidden field on
the CES survey by using a custom property with the dropdown select field
type, and then hide the field on the survey form. This custom property can
be used to store information that can be accessed behind the scenes. This
will allow you to gather information without cluttering the survey form and
eliminate the need to export data to a Google sheet.

Additionally, you can use JavaScript to hide fields in the form by
manipulating the fields' CSS properties. This would allow you to hide the
field from the user but still have the data collected and stored in the
form.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
GeoB

SOLVE

No apologies are needed.  

The issue is that we don't want the customer to decide on the Pipeline. When we close the ticket, the Pipeline it is in is the one we want to report on.

This issue is moot at this point because, I have found out that the information I need is on the Ticket itself. Meaning that all the tickets have properties that show the last CES information that was submitted for that Ticket. I just created a view that filters the tickets that have a ratings and export the data so I can report it via a Google sheet.

@Jerdaine_digita  Thanks for all the help you have provided.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Can you include a hidden field on the CES survey @GeoB ? That would allow you to use @Jerdaine_digita's solution of a custom property (dropdown select field type), hide it, and choose it per survey behind the scenes. Then you wouldn't need to export to a Google sheet. Just a thought. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jerdaine_digita
Contributor

SOLVE
Yes, it is possible to include a hidden field on the CES survey by using a
custom property with the dropdown select field type. This field can be
hidden on the survey form, but can still be used to store information that
can be accessed and used behind the scenes. This would allow you to use
@Jerdaine_digita's solution of a custom property and eliminate the need to
export data to a Google sheet.
GeoB

SOLVE
I have yet to find a way to include a hidden field on the CES survey. If
you know of a way, please share.
0 Upvotes
Jerdaine_digita
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE
I apologize for any confusion. It is possible to include a hidden field on
the CES survey by using a custom property with the dropdown select field
type, and then hide the field on the survey form. This custom property can
be used to store information that can be accessed behind the scenes. This
will allow you to gather information without cluttering the survey form and
eliminate the need to export data to a Google sheet.

Additionally, you can use JavaScript to hide fields in the form by
manipulating the fields' CSS properties. This would allow you to hide the
field from the user but still have the data collected and stored in the
form.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Jerdaine_digita
Contributor

SOLVE

If you are looking to report on customer satisfaction (CES) by pipeline, one possible solution would be to create a custom property in HubSpot that corresponds to the pipeline, and then add that property to the CES survey form. This way, when a contact completes the survey, their pipeline will be captured as part of the survey response.

You can then create a report in HubSpot that filters by the pipeline custom property and displays the CES score for each pipeline. You can also use the “Group By” option to break down the data by pipeline and see how each pipeline is performing.

Another way to achieve this is by creating a different form for each pipeline, and using the form's source code to include the pipeline name as a hidden field. This way, when someone submits the form, you will be able to see which pipeline the form came from, and you can use that information to track the satisfaction by pipeline.

You can also use a third-party survey tool like SurveyMonkey, Typeform, or Google Forms and embed them in your website or share the link via email. But this would require you to manually filter the data by pipeline, and you may need to extract the data from the survey tool and import it to HubSpot.

It's important to note that whichever method you choose, make sure that you're able to filter the data by pipeline, and you're able to track the satisfaction by pipeline.

GeoB

SOLVE

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by your first sentence. "create a custom property in HubSpot that corresponds to the pipeline." I already have a Ticket property called Pipeline that holds the pipeline value.

I can't see where to add that property to the CES survey form. I have created both a default survey and a custom survey and the only things I see to add to the survey are Question Types. I can specify which Pipeline the survey will be sent to, but the reply to the survey does not include the pipeline as part of its' data set.

Jerdaine_digita
Contributor

SOLVE

I apologize for the confusion. You are correct that if you already have a Ticket property called Pipeline in HubSpot that holds the pipeline value, you would not need to create a new custom property.

To include the pipeline value as part of the survey response, you will need to create a custom question in the survey form that asks the survey taker which pipeline they are associated with. This can be done by adding a "dropdown" or "radio button" question type to the survey form and pre-populating it with the different pipeline options. When the survey taker submits the survey, their selection of the pipeline will be captured as part of their response. 

You can then use this pipeline information to filter and group the survey responses in a report, to see the CES score for each pipeline.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further clarification.

0 Upvotes