Customer Feedback Tool

rbharris1
Contributor

Rating scale key doesn't appear on mobile devices

Hi, all! I created a two-question custom feedback survey. The first question is a "Rating" type question and the second question is the "NPS type question. Here's what it looks like in the designer:

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 11.18.08 AM.png

When I view the live survey on a desktop browser, the questions appear just like they do in the designer interface, which is what I want. However, when I view the live survey on a mobile device in portrait mode, the questions appear like this where the first question is a dropdown selector instead of numeric buttons.

Screenshot_20220523-111955.png

I don't really mind the drop-down selector, but it doesn't show the rating scale key (0=Very Poorly; 10=Very Well), which is essential for an accurate survey instrument. Plus, I would like for the questions to appear the same if possible.

I can add some help text to the first question so it looks like this:

Screenshot_20220523-113220.png

However, this adds to the inconsistent experience on the deskstop version. The help text (circled red) essentially duplicates the function of the scale key below the numbers.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 11.25.55 AM.png

Anyone have any other workarounds here?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rating scale key doesn't appear on mobile devices

Hi @rbharris1,

Thank you for feedback!

Feedback surveys are designed to be mobile responsive. The appearance of a survey can look different across different devices due to this. 

At the moment your workaround would be the best way to change the appearance of the rating scale.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum. I also found this related idea where community users ask for more customization options for feedback surveys, such as using design manager to customize a feedback survey. 

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !