Looking for Feedback

Highlighted
New Contributor

As a potential new user, I'm wondering if there are any Hubspot users out there who are small (6-10 users), use the platform to manage long-term client relationships (our service is an 18-24-month process with an ongoing maintenance relationship afterward), tracking of training events/requirements (so ongoing management of individual profiles within the client agency), with automated production of certificates. These alongside the more standard sales/marketing/payment functions.

Also, I'm concerned that the charges regarding contacts over 1000 will add quite a bit to our monthly price tag.

Anyone willing to talk about their experience?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @TSIAdmin 

this is a good way to start the conversation on the community. I will tag a few of our experts that can advise you.

Hey @Josh @mike-ward @JustinPerkinsC any feedback you could share with @TSIAdmin ?

Thank you and Happy Friday

Sharon

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

As a potential new user, I'm wondering if there are any Hubspot users out there who are small (6-10 users), use the platform to manage long-term client relationships (our service is an 18-24-month process with an ongoing maintenance relationship afterward), tracking of training events/requirements (so ongoing management of individual profiles within the client agency), with automated production of certificates. These alongside the more standard sales/marketing/payment functions.

Also, I'm concerned that the charges regarding contacts over 1000 will add quite a bit to our monthly price tag.

Anyone willing to talk about their experience?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I would have to say with a lot of the different systems I have used over the years HubSpot is for sure something I would highly recommend giving a chance. For us its the simple easy of use sometimes which has made our team of uses (really roughly 10 individuals are constantly in here though everyone in the organization can technically login). 

One question when you mention managing the production of certificates are you looking to bring some type of document creation into HubSpot? Those they do have quote generation in the system I do not believe or have seen any type of full document generation. 

Were you planning to issue payments out of HubSpot or simply track the deadlines of these items?

Justin Perkins
Solutions Engineer
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your response, Justin.

Some background: One aspect of our business is running events for our trainers to keep them updated on topics in our field. These trainers are employees of our client agencies. They have to attend 2 events per year to maintain their trainer status and many of them do this through webinar attendance. Increasingly our client agencies are being required by state regulations to document their trainers' attendance at events. Whether it comes as a separate document or in the body of an automated e-mail, I do not think it matters.  

We currently use GoToTraining for our webinars and Constant Contact for our events registration. I cannot remember what mechanism we'd have to use to run events and registration in Hubspot, but I do know the sales rep was encouraging us to move to Zoom, as it is a native integration. He also said certificates should be no problem, but I don't remember his specific fix for this need.

In answer to your question about payments, we would prefer to integrate payments somehow. We currently use PayPal for registration for events at our main training space (because that is what is available via Constant Contact), Stripe for another product we sell, and excel-based invoicing for larger client contracts. It would be nice to have an integrated payment system.....regardless of how we manage to cobble all of that together, we want the ability to get reporting on all of this at a granular level. Any recommendations?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

This is a very interesting and quite a complex use-case @TSIAdmin .

At a conceptual level, something you need to consider is that HubSpot cannot run custom-written server-side code. For example, if you needed to automatically generate unique PDF certificates for attendees, I can't think of a way to do that fully within HubSpot.

However, if, as you say, an email would be OK for such a thing, then HubSpot would absolutely be able to that.

One thing to think about though is that HubSpot does have an excellent and well-documented API, and the Enterprise editions allow you to use things like Webhooks from automated workflows to trigger actions in other systems. As such, you could build a core system around HubSpot and then expand it with separate functionality. You could perhaps use a system like PieSync or Zapier for a similar effect to help couple a few custom pieces together to fill in the gaps.

Regarding payments, there is a Stripe integration available (and others) that could be a good fit for what you're trying to do. I've never used it myself, but I've worked with Stripe on other platforms and it's always a pleasure.

Given your quite specific use-case, ideally you could put together detailed use cases and requirements and get a systems architect (hopefully familiar with HubSpot) to map out your entire ecosystem and work out how much can comfortably be done in HubSpot and how much might need to be handled outside.

The calculators on the pricing page should help re: the contacts question. It may feel like it's getting expensive, but if you talked to a software house to custom-build you a solution you'd be looking at a substantial investment and a fairly serious ongoing maintenance requirement, so piggybacking 80% (90%? 95%?) could definitely be a sensible decision in the long-run.

In summary - hard to say definitively, but given HubSpot could handle the CRM parts, the webinar part, the emails, the quotes, deals, payments, plus your general marketing, sales and support activities... if you can plug any gaps with a little custom development I'd say that could well be the way to go long-run.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else here has a similarly complex business model operating in HubSpot, and how!