Customer Feedback Tool

Matt_Sciannella
Participant

HubSpot Tickets to SalesForce Cases Integration

SOLVE

I've looked hard at Service Hub as a great tool for us to allow Customers to initiate product repair requests for some of our hard goods.

However, my Sales Director and President are insisting that anything done on my end to automate this process has to seamlessly integrate into SalesForce.

Looking at  Tickets, it would seem to make a ton of sense to integrate the Service CRM object into the SFDC Cases CRM object, which is a standard SFDC module. Without that, it's unlikely I'm going to be able to convince them to to this route.

Is this a doable project on the HubSpot end?

1 Accepted solution
SLane0
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I know this is super old so you've probably figured this out already, but I stumbled upon this thread and just wanted to share my findings. I've been able to set up a case creation from a form submission by using a webhook from the Web-to-Case HTML generator set up in SFDC. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

thank you for sharing @K_Vaughan 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
K_Vaughan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Matt, a decent workaround would be to set up an email address in Salesforce that automatically creates a case in Salesforce when sent to, then use a workflow to email over the relevant information using personalisation. 

perteadana
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @K_Vaughan can you help me with some more details how that workflow should look like?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Matt_Sciannella. The short answer is that no, the connector does not currently sync tickets to Salesforce cases, but if you're absolutely desperate, you could make this work with some configuration. 

I'm positive this is on the team's roadmap - while the connector speaks to a limited amount of Salesforce objects, that set of objects has expanded over time, to meet growing needs of the tool. However, I have no idea how that functionality would look, or when it would be released. 

It doesn't look like this is an action which is currently supported by Zapier, an integrations tool that is frequently used by HubSpot customers to connect other applications to and from HubSpot with drag-and-drop functionality instead of code. One of the limitations of this tool is that you can't define what you want to start and end your zaps; they're all presets defined by the app builders themselves. Currently, it doesn't look like you can trigger a zap based off of a Service Hub ticket in HubSpot.

Very crudely, you could set up a service hub ticket-based workflow, to send an email containing relevant addresses and ticket info to an email-to-case address in Salesforce. [Additional workflow/Process Builder/Cloud Flow Designer/Apex automation may be necessary, depending on your complexity and use case.]

That's not a terribly robust or flexible solution, but it would work. If your purchasing decision is contingent on whether a solution is available, the hack I described should work. [You should absolutely test this first, preferably with a trial portal pointing to a Salesforce sandbox.] 

If your purchasing decision is based on the connector's ability to do this right now, however, the answer is "not now, but at some indeterminate point in the future," and I'm sure that evaluates to a "no".

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
JerryReid
Contributor

SOLVE

As a Salesforce customer, it is critical that when a form gets filled out on our website, a case gets created in Saleforce as we do not use HubSpot as our ticketing system and will not ever given all the other data and processes we use with Salesforce cases outside of marketing. It is just not feasible to purchase licenses just for one function to use the Service Hub, while the rest of the company uses Salesforce. So, we went down the email to salesforce solution as most other HubSpot/Salesforce customers seem to have done, the probem with this approach is that at some point in time, Murphy's law takes over and someone is going to inveitably unsubscribe the email address used for the notification email that goes out from HubSpot to notify Salesforce to create the case via it's email to case process. So, in the end you'll end up with a broken Salesforce case management system with HubSpot. Not a reliable solution, and a workaroud at best. Consequently, we're now looking at leveraging the task auto-creation timeline activity action when a form is submitted along with a lot of other custom code and process in Saleforce just to meet a simple business requirement. HubSpot's customer support solution to this is not transactional emails, purchasing Service Hub licenses, or supporting a tighter integration with Salesforce cases, instead their solution is to just resubscribe the email. How does this prevent the problem from happening again? It doesn't.

The solution in this context seems to be to allow notification emails to be treated as transaction emails, so there is no footer in the email template allowing you to unsubscribe, the email send cap frequency is disabled automatically, and lastly, the unsubscribe status is not respected. If this sounds complex to HubSpot, well, then maybe they should just support the ticket object in HubSpot with Salesforce cases for Enterprise Level customers as this idea seems to be targetted for.

SLane0
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I know this is super old so you've probably figured this out already, but I stumbled upon this thread and just wanted to share my findings. I've been able to set up a case creation from a form submission by using a webhook from the Web-to-Case HTML generator set up in SFDC. Hope that helps!

joshm
Participant

SOLVE

@SLane0 NICE. Do you get duplicate tickets created back in HubSpot, does it match or do you have the sync turned off?

0 Upvotes
SLZ
Participant

SOLVE

@SLane0 Thanks for sharing!

Sound like a great solution. I'm in process of trying to implement your solution, but can't make it work. Could you share any insight on how to configure the webhook settings?

0 Upvotes