HubSpot Tickets to SalesForce Cases Integration

Occasional Contributor

I've looked hard at Service Hub as a great tool for us to allow Customers to initiate product repair requests for some of our hard goods.

However, my Sales Director and President are insisting that anything done on my end to automate this process has to seamlessly integrate into SalesForce.

Looking at  Tickets, it would seem to make a ton of sense to integrate the Service CRM object into the SFDC Cases CRM object, which is a standard SFDC module. Without that, it's unlikely I'm going to be able to convince them to to this route.

Is this a doable project on the HubSpot end?

1 Reply
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @Matt_Sciannella. The short answer is that no, the connector does not currently sync tickets to Salesforce cases, but if you're absolutely desperate, you could make this work with some configuration. 

I'm positive this is on the team's roadmap - while the connector speaks to a limited amount of Salesforce objects, that set of objects has expanded over time, to meet growing needs of the tool. However, I have no idea how that functionality would look, or when it would be released. 

It doesn't look like this is an action which is currently supported by Zapier, an integrations tool that is frequently used by HubSpot customers to connect other applications to and from HubSpot with drag-and-drop functionality instead of code. One of the limitations of this tool is that you can't define what you want to start and end your zaps; they're all presets defined by the app builders themselves. Currently, it doesn't look like you can trigger a zap based off of a Service Hub ticket in HubSpot.

Very crudely, you could set up a service hub ticket-based workflow, to send an email containing relevant addresses and ticket info to an email-to-case address in Salesforce. [Additional workflow/Process Builder/Cloud Flow Designer/Apex automation may be necessary, depending on your complexity and use case.]

That's not a terribly robust or flexible solution, but it would work. If your purchasing decision is contingent on whether a solution is available, the hack I described should work. [You should absolutely test this first, preferably with a trial portal pointing to a Salesforce sandbox.] 

If your purchasing decision is based on the connector's ability to do this right now, however, the answer is "not now, but at some indeterminate point in the future," and I'm sure that evaluates to a "no".

Brad Mampe, Currently In Between Realities
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.