Customer Feedback Tool

DSwanich9
Participant | Elite Partner

Feedback survey + email subscription

We are trying to trigger an email to those contacts that left a positive/happy CSAT survey to ask if they wouldnt mind leaving a review on an external review platform. 

However we're not able to associate the email from teh customer service rep to a marketing related email subscription type.

Seems a bit strange to have the ability to trigger automation from the survey tool when you're only restricted to marketing subscription types.

Either HubSpot needs to allow people to send service type emails via the workflow tool or not say automation is availible from the survey tool?

Am I missing something here? Has anyone else experienced this road block? 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @DSwanich9. Can you make a "feedback submission based" workflow where the CSAT is complete and the results are a specific measurement, then send an email your team has created in published workflow emails? Here's my example of what that looks like:

danmoyle_0-1654878071738.png

Does that solve for what you're asking? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
DSwanich9

@danmoyle - No that still only allows you to send an email that has a marketing type subscription type. 

I'm effectivelty trying to do what you laid out, but not all of the contacts that this email would go to would have opted into a marketing email subscription type.

If you look at what type of email the automated survey emails are, its a customer satisfaction email. Why can't we send another email like that with custom copy and associate it to a customer service email subscription?

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 17.32.44.png

danmoyle

Interesting question and I can see where you're going. I wonder if the difference is, when you're sending a survey you're asking for their private feedback and when you're following up with a request for a review you're "marketing" to them to help you do your review marketing. 

I guess one workaround is to assign a task in that last step to send a 1:1 email with a template asking for a review. So while it's not automatic, it does have automation to help make it happen. Sorry it's not an easy button solution. I might look at adding this to the ideas forum so we can all upvote it and get HubSpot's attention.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
DSwanich9

@danmoyle - yes good point. 

But then why offer automation from the survey tool if its effectively only viable when you have a marekting email subscription. 

Your suggestion is what I implemented already as a workaround. It just defeats the purpose of "automation". 

Thanks for your thoughts @danmoyle !

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@DSwanich9 I stumbled across your question looking for insights and ideas to tie surveys with review requests and while I see your point about defeating the purpose of automation, I don't agree that the email you are trying to send is a service email subscription.

As @danmoyle suggested, your intended purpose of the email is to target customers for marketing purposes, the power of HubSpot is that you can use your CSAT data to do this more effectively.

Marketing opt-in is a real choice and trying to send a marketing email under the service subscription type is like a wolf in sheep's clothing. 🐺

I like the targeted approach, using the CSAT score is smart, now you have to figure out how to get your customers to opt-in to receive your marketing emails. 

Can you do something different upon survey completion? Is there another trigger in the journey where you could request opt-in? What about a pop-up on the service page for visitors who are on a list (based on CSAT > 80) who are not currently subscribed to your marketing list for the review request?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin