Customer Feedback Tool

jhporte
Participant

Do contacts created in Service Hub count against our CRM contact limit?

SOLVE

We use Hubspot Marketing and Sales CRM professional right now and Zendesk for support.  The one thing that we fight with is having to clean out our CRM of erroneous contacts as Hubspot loves to create them and then charge us for them. 

I am intrigued by Service Hub but again fearful that Hubspot will be creating CRM contacts for each user that contacts our service dept, many of which we don't want to remain in our CRM (because we have no intention of marketing or selling to them).  

So does ServiceHub create contacts in the CRM that will count against our contact limit?

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Do contacts created in Service Hub count against our CRM contact limit?

Short A: Once you have an active Marketing account all visible CRM contacts count against your contact limit.

- see Solved: [How to] Keep the number of contacts within account limits?

Longer A:

Service Hub is designed to align around servicing *existing customers* &/or providing public-facing knowledge base self-service assets to everyone (including people not in our CRM).

And, even if/when Service Hub creates contacts in the CRM (which it can and does if/when, in the rare case they aren't customers) we can automatically flag them for deletion by adding them to a smart list for periodic review/deletion.

Working with limited information here, so ...

Curious, under what circumstances would non-customers be contacting OUR service desk? [Unless we're a service-desk provider who services client's customers.]

And if we're not a service-desk organization, under what circumstances would we have no interest in marketing to these contacts?

Again, limited information here. 

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to HubSpot Community Forum messages if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Do contacts created in Service Hub count against our CRM contact limit?

Short A: Once you have an active Marketing account all visible CRM contacts count against your contact limit.

- see Solved: [How to] Keep the number of contacts within account limits?

Longer A:

Service Hub is designed to align around servicing *existing customers* &/or providing public-facing knowledge base self-service assets to everyone (including people not in our CRM).

And, even if/when Service Hub creates contacts in the CRM (which it can and does if/when, in the rare case they aren't customers) we can automatically flag them for deletion by adding them to a smart list for periodic review/deletion.

Working with limited information here, so ...

Curious, under what circumstances would non-customers be contacting OUR service desk? [Unless we're a service-desk provider who services client's customers.]

And if we're not a service-desk organization, under what circumstances would we have no interest in marketing to these contacts?

Again, limited information here. 

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to HubSpot Community Forum messages if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jhporte
Participant

SOLVE

We are a mobile bidding company who sell software to charities to automate their fundraising event and auction.  We regularly get inquiries from those charities end users (bidders, donors) about the event, bids, receipts, etc.  We have no need to add those end-users to the Hubspot database.  

I realize that Hubspot has a billing model that incentivizes the creation of contacts in the db. I just wish that would eventually go away. 

Until then I suppose we stick with Zendesk. 

0 Upvotes