Customer Feedback Tool

vcollins
Mitglied

Customer Update Contact Form

lösung

Hello, 

If I create a form for my customers to update their contact information, will Hubspot automatically add that to their existing contact information? I want to prevent duplicates. 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @vcollins,

If a customer completes a form which is tied to specific properties that already exist in the database, it will use the newest form submission details that were sent. As long as they use the same email address, a duplicate contact will not be created.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
Josh
Lösung

lösung

Hi @vcollins,

If a customer completes a form which is tied to specific properties that already exist in the database, it will use the newest form submission details that were sent. As long as they use the same email address, a duplicate contact will not be created.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

FWboxergy
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi, I have a couple of issues with a Contact Form I created.

1. When an existing contact fill a form (send a message), it's not shown in Hubspot as a messagge but as an "Updated property". I'd like to see them in "email" instead.

2. I set up to have a notification email sent to the team email in inbox. It arrives, but even if the contact is already existing, every time it creates a new contact with the associated email as "noreply@hubspot.com". Is there a way to get those email associated automatically to the correct contact?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @FWboxergy,

If the email notifications are coming into your conversations inbox, that is why the submission is associated with 'noreply@hubspot.com', however the form submission should also be associated with the actual email address and contact record who submitted the form.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
FWboxergy
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes that's what I noticed.

The problem is that as the "from" email being "noreply@hubspot.com" it associated the email with a contact "noreply@hubspot.com" instead the genuine one of the person that actually sent the message.

Isn't there a workaround this issue?

Thanks