1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisChiha,

I'd either test it, usually these actions will then be executed for all associated contacts. I would probably use a deal-based workflow to update a property that serves as survey enrollment trigger to have more control.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler

Thanks for your continuous support.

I thought of this scenario, but if a contact is added to the static list, will a survey be directly sent to him ? or the survey is just sent to existing contacts in the static list ? Because in my current testing, when a new contact is added to the static list associated with the survey, new surveys are not triggered to new contacts.

And i saw this message inside the survey setup :
The survey will use a cloned version of the static lists you choose below. If the original contact list is updated before you send your survey, those changes won’t be included here.

Thanks !

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Ha, @ChrisChiha, I missed that, good catch.

Alternatively, I'd explore the second optoin, Start from scratch, and clicking Edit criteria.

karstenkoehler_1-1638944026880.png

That means that you could update a custom property – same logic as the workflow above, except for not adding contacts to a static list but updating a custom property.

karstenkoehler_2-1638944162110.png

Before unleashing this onto the whole database, I'd recommend testing on a few contacts from your company only.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler ,

Do you think i can send surveys to contacts when a deal reaches a certain stage using "Start from scratch" ?

If i add survey criteria as deal stage, how will the survey know who to contact when a deal reaches this stage ? Or will it actually target all contact types associated to this deal ? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisChiha,

I'd either test it, usually these actions will then be executed for all associated contacts. I would probably use a deal-based workflow to update a property that serves as survey enrollment trigger to have more control.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler ,

Yes i think the best approach here is to create a deal-based workflow to flag contacts in the deal that should receive the survey using association labels, and then setting the contact enrollment trigger for surveys as per the flagged contacts.

Thank you loads,
Chris

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Exactly my thinking. Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot Surveys

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisChiha,

In the Recipients tab of a custom survey, you can choose to survey contacts from an existing static list:

karstenkoehler_1-1638887710250.png

You can choose this option and set up a contact-based workflow that adds contacts to a static list when an associated deal is moved to a specific stage:

karstenkoehler_2-1638887847016.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler