Custom Quote Template Beta

JeffBantz
Contributor

Quote Template: Data Associated to Deal

Scenario:  I am trying to find out the correct structure to pull community_name property from a Custom Object that is associated to a Deal.  Within the template:

Here's the setup for the data:

JeffBantz_0-1618935456734.png

I can't find anywhere in the documentation as to what to use where I currently have "dealAssociatedObjects" (I was taking a stab at the name since it's what's used in the setup for the DEAL data).  

I'm assuming the object reference will be the FQN of my Custom Object.

Any assistance (and more importantly, links to pertinent documentation) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks?

3 Replies 3
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@jmclaren correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can traverse objects to pull data, right?

@JeffBantz I'm sorry that custom object data isn't available yet, but we're focused on several features (e.g. creating an editor for quote templates, allowing you to remove quote templates from the template dropdown, and marking content as editable by a rep during quote creation) before we pull in custom object data. We absolutely will add it, but we need to focus on those features first.

0 Upvotes
JeffBantz
Contributor

Unfortunately, that doesn't help. Can you tell us when we'll be able to use Custom Object data in templates?

It limits their usefulness.

The data from the Custom Object 'Community' is associated with the Deal and I would love to use that association as a pass-through.

But I don't find documentation as to how to actually reference that associated data via the Deal's association.

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@JeffBantz right now Custom Object data is not able to be pulled into templates, but you can use Deals as a pass-through object and pull in the data from a Deal. Does that help?

0 Upvotes